The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Eaton compressors...???

Anyone have one or know anything about them? Are they made in USA?

1971 GMC Sierra Grande 2WD 1/2 ton, 350/400 auto
2008 Chevy Silverado 2WD 1/2 ton LT1 5.3L auto
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
RanchFlyer

Re: Eaton compressors...???

Eaton compressor and fabrication? I would say no. If you are talking about there piston machines, they apear to be strikingly simular to an older saylor- beal design. My best guess would be the pumps are from brazil. That's just a hunch though. They are probably assembled state side. Pump from brazil, motor from?, tank probably from manchester. Again that is just a guess. Saylor-beal used to build pumps in brazil until the early 90s. When they stopped the company they contracted with continued to build the pumps and market them under different names. Cap-10 is one, belair i believe to be another. No one will admit to this but the parts mostly interchange. So you can make your own summation. If you are looking for a true American made machine %100. Then look for Gardner Denver R series also marketed as Champion. Or Quincy compressor. All others on the market that I know of are at best assembled here.

Lastly if you are in the market pump rpm is the data that most wont share unless you ask. The slower the pump the longer it will live. Slower pumps also generate less heat wich means less condensate in the air.

Sorry for the long post a guess a NO would have probably sufficed
RanchFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
pstar116

Re: Eaton compressors...???

i have 2 of them and work great. have one thats 15 hp 120 gal with dryer. and then one horizontal that is ran off of gas. no issues at all and great company to work with. they will even paint the tank any color you want.
pstar116 is offline   Reply With Quote