The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
GMCNUT

Smile Two 67-72 short fleet beds for sale!

Hey guys - I am a 55-66 truck guy and in my rambling today I found and bought TWO short fleet 67-72 beds that I am going to pick up tomorrow.

I do not have pictures but will after I get them tomorrow - both were full of junk and spare truck parts, and both have been outside exposed to the rainy humid Alabama weather for years, but from what I could tell they both had nice un-rotted steel floors, and mostly straight panels - even the front bed panels. One was particularly straight and appeared to be in severely weathered original red paint, but it had some metal loss to the pass side fender up toward the front where it bolts to the front bed panel but down low, where the fender curves under slightly - hard to explain but very fixable I thought.

The red bed had no bondo or evidence of bondo - the other bed has some bondo back on the park light area of the pass side fender, but it looks to be thin and used by a lazy person to fill a depression instead of beating out the dented area.

Anyway, I wanted to let the 67-72 guys who are in the market to buy some beds know about these - I'd like to sell both together to someone who could come here to North Alabama and pick them up or arrange a transporter and take both for 450.00 each - I am sure they are worth more, but 450.00 each is all I need for them. They will both need dents repaired and old paint and surface rust removed and a full resto to ever be show condition, but they look like a good cheap start since these sell for upwards of 800 to 1200 in nice painted smooth shape.

So, PM me with your email address if you want pics or whatever - first one to say "I'll take em" wins. I am not on this 67-72 parts board so please PM only....Thank you!
GMCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
68lowburb

Re: Two 67-72 short fleet beds for sale!

interested in pics thanks jimmie382000@yahoo.com
68lowburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #3
w314speed

PM SENT FOR PICS-second in line
w314speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
70LonghornCST

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
[...]

So, PM me with your email address if you want pics or whatever - first one to say "I'll take em" wins. I am not on this 67-72 parts board so please PM only....Thank you!
This part is a little confusing. I know that posting in the thread such as 68lowburb and w314speed have done is what board policy requires for sales. But the "PM only" can cause confusion. Be careful is all I'm saying

Please note the following...Thanks...
Quote:
Sellers Code of Conduct 67-72chevytrucks.com

III.All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited.
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal

Last edited by 70cst; 12-30-2011 at 02:46 PM.
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

I think if you want to sell parts here then it's worth the effort "be on the parts board" to check your listing.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

I agree. We all work and have lives,, but, things are done the way they are done for a reason.
specialtyretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

GMCNut....per the sellers code below, we ask that you keep sales in the open. Please check this thread and maintain it so there's no confusion. Thanks Geoff

III.All sales must be posted in thread, a reply stating who is in line is also suggested. Accepting sales via Private Messages will result in confusion within the thread and is strictly prohibited.

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #8
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcburdic View Post
GMCNut....per the sellers code below, we ask that you keep sales in the open. Please check this thread and maintain it so there's no confusion. Thanks Geoff

Apologies - I thought PM's were the way you had to do it to protect each members private email address from being shown to the membership in the thread - thank you for explaining this to me - I will have members send their email addresses through the thread to receive pictures in the future - Thanks!

In any case, 4 members requested pictures and all were sent a link to my Webshots album - if anyone else wants to view the pictures feel free to visit by copying and pasting this link to your internet browser:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/582084200NGHOyY
Old 12-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
mcbassin
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
Apologies - I thought PM's were the way you had to do it to protect each members private email address from being shown to the membership in the thread - thank you for explaining this to me - I will have members send their email addresses through the thread to receive pictures in the future - Thanks!

In any case, 4 members requested pictures and all were sent a link to my Webshots album - if anyone else wants to view the pictures feel free to visit by copying and pasting this link to your internet browser:
PMing email address is okay. But making deals via PM is not okay.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
mcbassin
Still Learning

Are you going to be able to ship these by truck? I'm interested in the red one. Is it cleaner than the other one?
How is the tailgate?
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:32 AM   #11
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Are you going to be able to ship these by truck? I'm interested in the red one. Is it cleaner than the other one?
How is the tailgate?
I really need to send you pics of the green beds' outer bedsides first probably - its hard to say which one is nicer than the other really, because each one has its merits - for example the red bed floor is straighter and less imperfect than the green bed, but the floor looks to be smoother in the green bed - stuff like that. The Green bed has some obvious but thin and non-reconstructive bondo, but overall I sort of think it may be the best one of the two even though the red bed is straighter and bondo free....guess you'd have to stand and look at them with your own eyes to see what I see....they are both nearly identical in overall work required to make them a show winner if that helps. The Green bed has no tailgate, and the red one does, but its a freebee - not really what I'd call nice at all - not really dented but rotted across the bottom and has a skin of paper thin bondo over the outside....
Let me know what areas to cross-examine for you and I will try to pick a favorite between the two to help you get the one you really want....

About shipping - I recommend www.uship.com for shippers - some of them just load it on a typical trailer and haul it to you cheaper than on a 18 wheeler - in any case, I will absolutely assist any driver you send to get it to load....
Old 12-31-2011, 12:36 AM   #12
GMCNUT

About shipping - I recommend www.uship.com for shippers - some of them just load it on a typical trailer and haul it to you cheaper than on a 18 wheeler - in any case, I will absolutely assist any driver you send to get it to load....[/QUOTE]

Meant to say, these beds are in Arab AL 35016 for shippers - they weigh a good bit, but not sure how much exactly.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
GMCNUT

use this link to see the pics of these two short beds
Old 01-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
GMCNUT

ttt
Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
GMCNUT

Smile 67-72 SHORT FLEET BEDS - going through MS,LA and TX!

Hey guys - UPDATE - I am leaving early Sat AM from Alabama and will be driving the length of I-10 through Southern MS, LA and on to Houston TX - can deliver these two SHORT FLEET 67-72 beds to anyone along the way.

68LOWBURB has already expressed interest, and I emailed him back so if he responds to this thread saying he's all in, then they are his, but if he responds saying no, then any of the rest of you can have a shot at them

each bed is nice and restorable, and each is 450.00 or 900.00 for the pair - can't go wrong at that price - these are easily worth 600+ each

COPY and PASTE this link to the pictures if you missed them in the original ad:

Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
19Chevy67C10

Re: 67-72 SHORT FLEET BEDS - going through MS,LA and TX!

Would you part with the parking brake bracket and parts?

Please email me a way to contact.

Thanks,

kevinchat1@aol.com
19Chevy67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #17
68lowburb

pm sent thanks jimmy
68lowburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #18
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lowburb View Post
pm sent thanks jimmy
SOLD - to 68blowburb - Thank you
Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #19
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Chevy67C10 View Post
Would you part with the parking brake bracket and parts?

Please email me a way to contact.

Thanks,

kevinchat1@aol.com
Not 100% sure what all parts make up that system on a 67-72 cab, but will look at it and check with you to make sure I am looking at everything you are looking at or want....more shortly