The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
86 silverado short

open my door

I have a 1986 c-10 ( electric windows and locks ) today I tried to open the pass. door but it was stuck. The switch for the lock would unlock the drivers door but would not move the pass.door lock. Took the lock out of the door removed the actuator for the lock, still would not open. Has anyone came across this before. or does anyone have a drawing of how the latch works. HELP....
86 silverado short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
slb1985

Re: open my door

I don't now if its the same problem or not but on my 87 when lock sticks (driver side sticks pass. doesn't) if i roll the window and push the door button from the outside the button will work from the inside to unlock the door or if I need to unlock it with the key from the outside same process door button then turn the key...
Posted via Mobile Device

1984 C10 Custom Deluxe - Newest Project
slb1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
86 silverado short

Ive tried this , the door panel is off i have tried to push on all the levers going back and forth looking at the drivers door (which has the door panel off also )to see how it works. Ive taken the lock out of the door. It seems like there is one little rod that is not moving which seems to be the problem. I just cant get my hand in far enough to get a good bite on it. still trying and looking for a drawing of the latch. Thanks for the info.. Anyone else heard of this or have a drawing of the latch assembly.
86 silverado short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
mischiefse7en

if it helps... the solenoids on my truck for the door poppers stopped working so i had to redo mine. if you can get the oem rod out of the hole, i used a metal coat hanger and bent it up to pull mine
mischiefse7en is offline   Reply With Quote