The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

I don't send pictures,,

Just had a guy call me wanting to sell some trucks. He told me all the generic stuff everyone tells you, how great shape they are in, how rare they are... you know the speil. i say "sure, sounds interesting, send me some pics." He responds, "I don't mess with sending pictures, the people never show up after I do that." My response was that since gas is back over $3.00 a gallon, we just don't go on Easter egg hunts anymore and thanked him for his time. Think there might be a reason no one shows up after getting pics???
specialtyretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
hjewell2

Re: I don't send pictures,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialtyretail View Post
Just had a guy call me wanting to sell some trucks. He told me all the generic stuff everyone tells you, how great shape they are in, how rare they are... you know the speil. i say "sure, sounds interesting, send me some pics." He responds, "I don't mess with sending pictures, the people never show up after I do that." My response was that since gas is back over $3.00 a gallon, we just don't go on Easter egg hunts anymore and thanked him for his time. Think there might be a reason no one shows up after getting pics???
Sounds like he needs to get a clue and give up. I called a ad about rims on craigslist once . Tells me they are $60.00 I ask about sending a PIC and his comment was he does not have a camera to do this. I go out to his location After I see them, tell him they look like crap and are bent. His comment was (well I got them out of the junk yard) When I left his drive way I backed over his Mail box, Thats how PIS*ED I was. The ad was on Craigslist for seven months after my visit.
hjewell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjewell2 View Post
Sounds like he needs to get a clue and give up. I called a ad about rims on craigslist once . Tells me they are $60.00 I ask about sending a PIC and his comment was he does not have a camera to do this. I go out to his location After I see them, tell him they look like crap and are bent. His comment was (well I got them out of the junk yard) When I left his drive way I backed over his Mail box, Thats how PIS*ED I was. The ad was on Craigslist for seven months after my visit.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
flashed

I wish I could post and send pics ,my home internet connection is screwed up and wont let us and my provider is of no help. If I need to send pics out my wife has to do it from her work computer during breaks .But then again I dont post ads on Craigslist either ,most of my stuff sells locally word of mouth. I do more trading or give aways anyway .But I wont even look at an ad on Craigslist if it doesnt offer pics .The best place for me to buy my stuff is right here on this site.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

I've had guys say that about pics, as you say at over $3 a gallon for gas, I want to see pics before I drive very far
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
C10 - C90 Bill

This also reminds me of people saying "Come on over and make me an offer". Other than a rare exception, I quit doing that. I'd drive for miles and miles only to find out they want a ridiculous price. If they won't finally name some kind of price, I'm saving my gas.

Bill
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
specialtyretail

Kind of how this deal is. Guy says he has a 72 with the "rare" drum brake option and it has a 69 grill. The out of state title shouldn't be a problem either.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
oldgold70c10
Who's got steelies?

I can never understand the people who aren't willing to take a few extra photos, but insist on telling you over the phone how rust free their stuff is (more like free rust).
1970 C20 Suburban 350/700R4 4.10 gearing green & white
1978 Big 10 Silverado 350/th350, working ac, 2 tone blue-My summer daily driver
1983 GMC 1500 Sierra 305/SM465 2.73 rear end

How to add a trip odometer to your 67-72 stock speedometer

How to rebuild your Q-Jet

My Truck Page
My Youtube Channel
oldgold70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
cdowns

if something is whitin the range of one cup of coffee i'll go look// i figure it is all junk anyway and they are all lyin anyway// pictures just make the disappointment greater in real life
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
specialtyretail

OH yeah, 15 - 30 miles each way, no problem. These are a little over 120 miles,, each way.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdowns View Post
if something is whitin the range of one cup of coffee i'll go look// i figure it is all junk anyway and they are all lyin anyway// pictures just make the disappointment greater in real life
x 2.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
RIP FleetsidePaul
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
CC69Rat

I drove from Chattanooga to Cincinnatti once to meet a girl that had sent some pictures to me online .. So, sometimes the pictures can make things look better than they actually are too!

I was supposed to stay two nights, .. I bolted as soon as I could get away from her.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Yeah,I figure CL is OK if they post pics and only want junk price for it.Otherwise I'll pass.I don't even click on it unless it has pics or 67-72 Chevy in the title.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjewell2 View Post
You don't need a camera to tell someone the wheels are bent. Why can't people just be honest? Do they really think you'll buy based on what you are told over what you see??? And does telling lies just to get you there really work? I have been told rust free on trucks that you could see the ground where the floor is supposed to be. Then,they act like they didn't know. It really sucks when you know what you're doing and what questions to ask only to see what you never would have made the trip to see. I think from now on my standard closing statement before getting off the phone to look at anything will be,"Now you do realize if anything you told me turns out to be not true I'm going to kick your butt,right? Is there anything you'd like to clarify now before I hang up?" ...No,seriously! That's what I should do.
I just sold a piece of crap truck last Sunday to a guy from three hours away. I told him what was good and what was bad,he came and saw it was how I described,payed me,and took the truck away.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-14-2012 at 06:48 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #15
hugger6933

We all expect rust dents,and grime. Why tell someone a lie to get them on your land just to piss them off? Ihad rather lay it out as it is and then you don't have to back up to cover the truth. I sell rebuilt wrecks and it is WAY easier just to be upfront with someone and tell them where it was hit and how much paint/body work was done and what it took to fix the truck. Most of the trucks I get have a Arkansas salvage title, and when fixed I have to fill out a form stating what I repaired or replaced[with vin numbers is the parts are used] and the state has someone comparing the statments to the applications for the salvage title from the owners/insurance co. They list all the damage to get a salvage title. I have been doing this since the late 1980's[where does it all go?] and have many customers that have bought many times
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
specialtyretail

We sold a truck we had knocked in the head a while back. Had pictures posted so everyone could see what a pile it was. People would call and I would tell them how bad it was. One guy said "You sure aren't trying to sell it very hard." Told him I was just trying to be upfront with everyone. He ended up buying it and told us he appreciated us being straight with him about the condition. Rough is rough, driver is driver and nice is nice, seems pretty simple to us.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
kelsfine69
18 Till I Die

So true ^^^..Also One persons Interpretation of "Mint" can be so Deceiving?...I thought Mint was Mint?
1987 Camaro Iroc 350 Tuned Port Injection
42000Km

1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI
1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI(yes 2)

Take me drunk, I'm too home...
kelsfine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
jocko

[QUOTE=CC69Rat;5121115]I drove from Chattanooga to Cincinnatti once to meet a girl that had sent some pictures to me online ..

I think there's a Country Music smash hit in there somewhere....
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
Boog
laying low

A coworker called on a classified ad. No pics. Talked to the owner and asked specific questions. Straight body, bumpers, good interior with no holes or burns? Yes, yes good interior, bumpers, body, runs strong.
So he takes off work early and drives over 2 hrs to get there and finds an absolute turd this guy is passing off as a good truck. Rust holes you could stick your fist through in the fenders, bumper hanging on, barely, and the wire seat frame showing where there used to be seat foam and a cover. Man he was justifyably pissed. The man just straight out lied.
Bud told him about it and the guy said "well if I'd have told the truth would you have come to look at it?" It was all he could do to keep from asskickin that old man.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

I always figured the point of putting something up for sale was to get someone to buy it,not just come look at it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
dhaymaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You don't need a camera to tell someone the wheels are bent. Why can't people just be honest? Do they really think you'll buy based on what you are told over what you see??? And does telling lies just to get you there really work? I have been told rust free on trucks that you could see the ground where the floor is supposed to be. Then,they act like they didn't know. It really sucks when you know what you're doing and what questions to ask only to see what you never would have made the trip to see. I think from now on my standard closing statement before getting off the phone to look at anything will be,"Now you do realize if anything you told me turns out to be not true I'm going to kick your butt,right? Is there anything you'd like to clarify now before I hang up?" ...No,seriously! That's what I should do.
I just sold a piece of crap truck last Sunday to a guy from three hours away. I told him what was good and what was bad,he came and saw it was how I described,payed me,and took the truck away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I always figured the point of putting something up for sale was to get someone to buy it,not just come look at it.
special-K, you've hit on the main points in these two posts. First, you sold a piece of crap truck. But, the key is "I told him what was good and what was bad..." And, yes, the piont is to get someone to buy it. I honestly believe some of these idiots think if someone shows up they'll be inclined to buy something just BECAUSE they showed up.

Probably the key to all of this is "Why can't people just be honest?" I could have sold a lot of trucks, parts, etc., over and over again, if I had just wanted to be a little more selective in what I tell a prospective buyer. But, for example, even when I write the narrative for eBay auction listings, I tell people straight out, this is what it is. This is what's right and what's wrong. I also tell them "I have nothing to hide and I want to keep my 100 percent positive, no complaints rating. So, if you have any questions, ask before you bid". Wouldn't it be nice if everyone would actually accurately describe what they're selling???

"The DRBMan"

2014 Audi A4 (The Wife's Daily Driver)
2017 HD Ultra (The Cruiser)
2003 HD Fatboy (The Ride)
2001 Chevy Suburban (Another back up!!)

For the first time in forever, not a single 67-72 Chevy truck, Blazer, or Suburban on the property! Basically retired and getting the new Motorhome ready for some traveling. Doing a bit of work on the house getting it ready to sell! LOL!!
dhaymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #22
kelsfine69
18 Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
A coworker called on a classified ad. No pics. Talked to the owner and asked specific questions. Straight body, bumpers, good interior with no holes or burns? Yes, yes good interior, bumpers, body, runs strong.
So he takes off work early and drives over 2 hrs to get there and finds an absolute turd this guy is passing off as a good truck. Rust holes you could stick your fist through in the fenders, bumper hanging on, barely, and the wire seat frame showing where there used to be seat foam and a cover. Man he was justifyably pissed. The man just straight out lied.
Bud told him about it and the guy said "well if I'd have told the truth would you have come to look at it?" It was all he could do to keep from asskickin that old man.
Ohh That would Burn me...I would of Chewed that old guy a new one!!!!
1987 Camaro Iroc 350 Tuned Port Injection
42000Km

1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI
1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI(yes 2)

Take me drunk, I'm too home...
kelsfine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaymaker View Post
Probably the key to all of this is "Why can't people just be honest?" I could have sold a lot of trucks, parts, etc., over and over again, if I had just wanted to be a little more selective in what I tell a prospective buyer. But, for example, even when I write the narrative for eBay auction listings, I tell people straight out, this is what it is. This is what's right and what's wrong. I also tell them "I have nothing to hide and I want to keep my 100 percent positive, no complaints rating. So, if you have any questions, ask before you bid". Wouldn't it be nice if everyone would actually accurately describe what they're selling???
Isn't it nice to sell something and know "that's it" and never have to look back? "Done deal",that's what it's all about.

I see trucks for sale that show everything but the damaged side. Even if they are honest enough to tell about the damage,shoudn't they show it? This week No Moa showed a decent looking solid original paint southern SWB for sale for a reasonable price and up in Maine to boot. The ad described damage to the passenger side,but they didn't show it. And,they didn't even use all four pictures they allow. Also just in the last week someone in WA showed a really nice looking Saddle colored '68 CST/20 that looked like a steal for $2,000. Then Wes Hepp chimed in that the other side was trashed and it had rust that didn't show in the pictures. Well,no mention of it either. Look,a bakery can sell day old bread with no problem when they mark it,put it on a special rack,and knock the price down. But if they try to sell it as fresh they'll be out of business before long.

Tim

Old 01-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #24
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I've bought and sold lots of parts, cars, trucks and motorcycles over the last 30+ years and as in life in general honesty is always the best policy. I've even had people tell me they don't feel the item is as "bad" (lack of a better term) as I had described and when someone comes to look at something I'm selling, I'll say over the years I've had a 95% sell rate. A lot of times too when reading a For Sale ad you can usually read betwen the lines before you make the call but are hoping it isn't what you think it may be.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #25
Newtz67

No pics is one of my biggest pet peeves on craigslist. I won't even look at an ad anymore that doesn't have pics. It's not that hard to post pics to an ad. When I sell something, the last thing I want is for someone to show up and take up my time deciding they don't want it after looking at it. Seems so easy to me....
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote