The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
cparman
sharp as a marble

Sold my Blazer

Well I guess it was time. I am now Chevy truck/Blazer less. I sold it to a really good home. Scott, I am sure will take car of my old girl. He called me and said he was coming to get it. Sunday night, he was in Baton Rouge La., Monday at 8 a.m. he was in my parking lot at my shop. Monday night he was home. i would pay money to be able to drive 1200 miles non stop. Cool guy , that I am sure you will all meet.

I received an email from him two days later. The subject was "BAD NEWS" I thought something I had done to my old girl had gone wrong. Women driver crossed 3 lanes of traffic to rearrange the right front fender, hood, and bumper.

I asked him how he kept from loosing his temper? " she did not get put of her car until the police came". Proud of him for not going CHIP on her.

if Scott posts, i ask all to greet him with welcome arms, as I am sure you all will. he is a good old boy from the Cajun state!!

Chip
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
YBNORML

Re: Sold my Blazer

If it was the light yellow one, he's here. He is member bigcountryx. Nice blazer.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
jaros44sr

Are you getting another project or just taking a break from builds. Gotta do something with your time, right...

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
cparman
sharp as a marble

good to hear from you, Marine! Too many things going on, and just a break from an old car. Scott is way ok with me!

This is for you: last week I had a young sailor come into my shop, and asked us for some help. he had on a hoodie, NAVY across the front. I said " what can i do for you sailor". He told me. I asked him what his rate was. " BOATSWAINS MATE, SIR" I then said " any man can make a rate, but only god can make a Boatswains mate!" He was saying it along with me, with a great big smile. he was a very young seaman. A bit later, another 1st class came in and i asked the same thing, he was a brownshoe BM. asked me when I served. i never did, i told him, but my dad was a BMC blackshoe. Thanks to you and all how have served to protect me and my family. Miss my dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Are you getting another project or just taking a break from builds. Gotta do something with your time, right...
cparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparman View Post
good to hear from you, Marine! Too many things going on, and just a break from an old car. Scott is way ok with me!

This is for you: last week I had a young sailor come into my shop, and asked us for some help. he had on a hoodie, NAVY across the front. I said " what can i do for you sailor". He told me. I asked him what his rate was. " BOATSWAINS MATE, SIR" I then said " any man can make a rate, but only god can make a Boatswains mate!" He was saying it along with me, with a great big smile. he was a very young seaman. A bit later, another 1st class came in and i asked the same thing, he was a brownshoe BM. asked me when I served. i never did, i told him, but my dad was a BMC blackshoe. Thanks to you and all how have served to protect me and my family. Miss my dad
Thanks Chip, made me smile. Hope ya hang around to check up on us

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Chip, Hate to see the Blazer go, do you still have the pickup? I finally got the hick-up straighten out in my Blazer. It was running pretty lean. Up'd the Jet size and it runs so smooth, all thru the gears. Again, thanks for all your help. I need to get in touch with you soon, as I need my 12 bold rebuilt. Gathering the parts now. TTUS, David

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote