The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
85chevy383

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

I like the break setup but what will you or can u run for a parking brake?
Posted via Mobile Device

My 85 build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=497551
85chevy383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
mrhino
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85chevy383 View Post
I like the break setup but what will you or can u run for a parking brake?
Posted via Mobile Device

A brick! Just kidding. Here in the rust belt most of them don't work. (unless its used all the time like with a manual shift. Usually they are rusted and when u would apply them they would not release. plus our state does not require them. however if someone was to want to put a E-brake on. All you would need to do is use rear calipers from late 70's Cadillac or Trans am.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
mrhino
Account Suspended

Back on the floor. I took txlowtrucks advise and cut the piece in two. Hopefully I wont cut to much out of the passenger side and we wont have this problem.
after cutting it into two pieces I burned in each side leaving about a 2" gap down the center

while welding I thought man I need to turn the heater down its gettin damn hot in here. I raised my hood to find myself on FIRE... I burnt a good size hole in one of my good shirts. I told Deb what I done and she said with no concern " that was stupid". I have a real nice welding jacket in the closet. That way it stay nice.

I could see Tyler watching me. chomping at the bits to try it out. I barley got the words out of my mouth and he was right there to give it a go. he did pretty well to.

I used the left over piece that I cut from the hump to fill in the gap down the center and across the back. Its a good thing that its under the seat and carpet because it looks like sh!t. I will weld in a couple of pieces of flat stock where the seat will bolt through the floor and then give all the seams a good coat of seam sealer

with the floor lower and flat I threw the seat up in there to get a feel for how its going to set and I think its right on the money.

I even jumped in the back seat to see what kinda room Im gonna have. although its not a lot of room I did sit comfortably and my knees were not in the back of the seat

now on to the other side.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote