The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-04-2003, 03:58 PM   #1
oldsub86

Average Price Question

What is the going price for 67-72 Chevy Pickups these days? Anyone have a handle on this question?
My truck is a pretty basic model - 292 inline 6 with a powerglide transmission - no power anything - no radio - overloader leafs on the coil spring rearend is about the only unusual option

It is pretty much original except - engine has been replaced with a rebuild at some point in history and I changed the seat to a non original version of a bench.

It has the usual rusted cab corners and rockers and a few dents from bumps along the way. The wood bed floor is original and about had it too. Paint is original and about gone as well.

It is drivable as I have driven it daily for the past 2 to 3 weeks. It needs tires in order to make it more drivable or to go any distance at highway speeds.

It would not pass a safety test here as the cab would need to be repaired to patch the holes. It would need tires and I suspect brake shoes as well. The drums look good and I don't think they would need to be turned so should be usable.

I sometimes think about selling this one and looking for a fancier version to work on. You know - V8, Pwr Steering, Pwr Brakes, full guage dash etc.

If I were to do so, what (in your own opinion) could I get for what I have and what (again in your own opinion) would I have to pay for a better one- maybe not fully restored but with a lot of the basic stuff done and looking pretty good?

I have had this one a long time and I would be reluctant to part with it but I have so much going on that I don't know if I am going to get it fixed before it gets beyond doing and I really don't want to send it in to have stuff done. I suspect I would spend more doing it that way than I would if I just swapped to another truck.

Would love to hear the opinions of some of you that have experience with either fixing or swapping trucks.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:35 PM   #2
dubie

I bought my 72 that had a 250 inline, 3 in the tree and no options for $1200 and that was almost 6 years ago. It also had a valid safety on it. I would say that you might be able to get $1000 at the most, but probably more like $700 would be the top value on it. To buy a nice one that won't need much work, you could spend as little as 5 or 6 grand. I have seen some REALLY nice ones for under $10,000 and they are a turn key and go truck. Are you in the market for a new toy?

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
oldsub86

Well you know the old story - do I dump the one I have and find a better toy or do I pour money into the one I have. Then I have even less choice as I will never get my money out again in most cases. Right now I need a set of tires and I sort of hate to put $500 in tires on a $500 truck. We both know that won't make it worth $1000 by itself.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:53 PM   #4
casey

I agree with dubie
casey is offline   Reply With Quote