The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-04-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
sam79

fire at the bodyshop

Tonight I received a phone call that there was a fire in the body shop were I've parked my car during the time I'm working on my house. So I jumped in my other car to race to the body shop, man that was the worst time of my life. I saw images of a burned truck flashing through my head.

When I arrived there were firemen al over the place. The fire was out and they were making sure it would not start up again. I ran inside to find my truck in good condition. The fire was in another compartment of the body shop but my truck was about 10 meters away from it. So it is very dirty with ashes from the fire but other than that, it's ok for as far as I can see now.

In the compartment where the fire was there where about 10 cars. One car is completely destroyed (a Volvo from 1995), two others are severe damaged. A '65 mustang fastback and a Jaguar MKII. Both cars were completely restored and the Jaguar was scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. Next to the burned down car there was a Suzuki motorcycle (nothing really special). The other seven cars are dirty from the ashes and the smoke but no severe damage to them.

Men was I glad my truck was not in that compartment. I would have died I the fire would have destroyed my truck. There are about five years work in it and all the money I can afford to put in it the past years (somewhere between the $ 15.000 and $ 20.000). Luckily, it survived without nothing a good washing up can't fix.
'72 VW beetle
http://home.zonnet.nl/sandercalis
sam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #2
Low87on20s
Live from Atlanta

glad to hear your truck was alright. fires are a scary thing. one of my neighbors lost their house completely in July from a fire caused by lightning. they were on vacation at the time.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

been through a fire in my parents house it sucks thankfully your truck will survive took bout ten years off your life tho lol

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
onetoncrewcab
One of my kids. Cute eh?

You've probably already did this, but get your truck washed as soon as possible. That ash will eat into the paint or primer something terrible. I used to work for a company that cleaned up after fires and that ash after a few hours was already eating into whatever it was on.
Mike

John 3:16
2006 Chevy HHR
2000 Dodge Durango
1985 Jeep CJ-7
1970 Chevy Pickup
onetoncrewcab is offline   Reply With Quote