The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
bark

cr laurence slider pics?

Hello, looking to buy a new slider window for my truck, have came across the cr laurence, my local glass shop can get them, but say they just have a black finish, with black trim, I kinda like the silver finish, with the chrome holding strip that is in my original, also have a black finish with the chrome in a parts truck, but all the felts are getting worn. Are there any other companys that offer ones with the chrome strip, or can you guys post some pics of the cr in a truck, to maybe change my mind????
bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Stepper86

Re: cr laurence slider pics?

If itīs just the felt that is the problem you can pull the window apart and replace it. Mine was dried out and came out in pieces everytime I opened the window. I found a rubber U-chanel at the local glass shop. Itīs sold per feet, so you just buy what you think you need and cut it to the right lenght.I also bought a lenght of J-shaped rubber for the "scraper" at the top and bottom of the window, this one was a litle thin so it did not hold on that well when placed in the aluminium frame, but a little rubber sealant on the side of it fixed that problem.

The only thing I regret not doing was to replace the window seal itself, I reused the old one because it was not torn or broken, but it was a PITA to install. I stuck the window in a drying cabin for an hour and heated it up to get the seal to soften up. It made things easyer, but a new seal would have been much better.
With a new chrome lockstrip installed it looks quite good.
Here are some pictures (sorry for the bad quality) of what I did.
Attached Images

1986 C-10 Stepside (project "my time")
1992 Corvette cab (summer time daily driver)
1969 Cadilac DeVille Cab ("it just need some paint")
Stepper86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
bark

Re: cr laurence slider pics?

cool, looks good, might look into rebuilding mine, also need a new latch????. But talked more to my glass guy, and he said we can use a rubber trim with the chrome lock strip to install a cr rear slider, says he has the slider, and molding in stock, but has to order the chrome lock trim kit. also has new windshield with chrome lock for the front, hopefully get it all ordered up on monday. $140 for the slider with deep tint, under $100 for windshield, with blue shade, antenna, and mirror mount, and around $40 each for new moldings
bark is offline   Reply With Quote