The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
mcmullinauctions
McMullin

My awesome find and agony all at the same time.

Last weekend I traded 4 S10 Wheels and tires for a 1966 Chevy C10 Basket Case Minus the frame. The previous owner gave me a current title, 4 doors(1 rust free) 2 brand new front floor patch panels, brand new rockers, cab corners, and 2 RUST FREE front fenders as well as a RUST FREE Hood. The best part-The pickup bed appears to have a factory steel floor. It is the first I have ever seen and bolts in. Here's my issue. He cut the floor out of the cab-the ENTIRE floor and shortened one lower door jamb 6 inches. He also sawed the bed in 2 from front to back. He was going to make some sort of Rat Rod nightmare or something!!! Well I'm not sure where to find a complete floor and put it all back together so the body lines line up so I was thinking I could use the 66 upper roof section above the glass to fix the rusted out portion over my 63' Chevy Cab. I am aware of the general differences, but is this lower filler portion the same? Unless someone has an entire floor (even rusty) they want to sell me cheap to try and fit back in the cab?
mcmullinauctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
awbrown

Re: My awesome find and agony all at the same time.

are you talking the area of over hang over the windshield ,the area under that ?? if so 60-63 are different .. you may be able to use a section of it but it is different .. they do make a apatch panel for that area....
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
mcmullinauctions
McMullin

Thanks! That is what I'm talking about. Who makes that panel? I've never seen one.
Posted via Mobile Device
mcmullinauctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Key Parts makes it. You can find it at Top Banana Parts.

http://www.topbananaparts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmullinauctions View Post
Thanks! That is what I'm talking about. Who makes that panel? I've never seen one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote