The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
TX58

Saw a big window TF today without deluxe trim ???

Went to Fort Worth today to pick up some doors for my 58. The truck I removed them from was a big window 55-56 but with no trim or holes for trim. Was this available back then? It's the first one I've seen like that. Speaking of deluxe trim, who knows how to install them? I was thinking today while driving 4 hrs to pick up my doors, has anyone found any plastic push in type clips that would work for installing the trim? Seems like it would be a lot easier and won't scratch the paint like the metal clips do.
Posted via Mobile Device
TX58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Saw a big window TF today without deluxe trim ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX58 View Post
Went to Fort Worth today to pick up some doors for my 58. The truck I removed them from was a big window 55-56 but with no trim or holes for trim. Was this available back then? It's the first one I've seen like that. Speaking of deluxe trim, who knows how to install them? I was thinking today while driving 4 hrs to pick up my doors, has anyone found any plastic push in type clips that would work for installing the trim? Seems like it would be a lot easier and won't scratch the paint like the metal clips do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Deluxe cab was the base model cab with no trim package, It could be purchased with a small or big window. Custom cab was with all the trim and chrome window divider, chrome bumpers and grille and chrome dash knobs among other things and could also be purchased big or small window.

http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/3104_6-5.html has some of the optional equipment that could be ordered
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
TX58

Thanks, now I know. His truck was a deluxe and I guess mine is a custom. The doors I bought from him don't have the holes for the trim,guess I have to drill some.
Posted via Mobile Device
TX58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
hb32

I had a 55 big window before my present truck without the trim and no option for it.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
tmoble

my BBW short stepside BBW not a deluxe, no trim. I'm going to install the trim around the windows but I want to drill the all the holes before paint.
tmoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoble View Post
my BBW short stepside BBW not a deluxe, no trim. I'm going to install the trim around the windows but I want to drill the all the holes before paint.
If it had no trim or chrome it was a deluxe. Trim chrome bumpers and dash knobs were part of the custom cab option
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote