The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #26
pockets

Re: Considering selling the Prostreet C-10 but needs some marketing thoughts.

I agree that the muncie won't add 2k to it. When I think of a 2k manual first thing comes to mind is a really good T56. Given its a street truck, a decent Th400 would probably be less than a built TH350 and have more appeal.

The tunnel ram will scare some folks off. They see that and think it won't be drivable or be really rough to drive. Take it off an swap for a dual plane and simple carb. Sell the tunnel ram separately.

I agree that the big tires won't be all that much of a detriment. If anything it will be value to a lot of people since that looks like a lot of work and money spent.

I agree with most others on the price range. 7-9 would be pretty fair I think.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
MARKDTN

I have learned toady that you can buy brand new Muncies for $1575 for M20 or M21 and $1775 for M22. Built from all new and updated parts. No way I build an old one when you can buy new for that money. Sell the old ones to the Corvette/Camaro/Chevelle restorers.

http://www.tbtrans.com/muncie_4_speed.htm

As far as the truck, leave the Muncie in it.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #28
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

We got a bit of nice weather that rolled in so I decided to take my Camaro down the road to test a customer's Holley I just built. When I drive this, I want to just light the other 2 on fire!!

prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #29
ckexswb
67-72=-5

That's cool
ckexswb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #30
sbc10guy

I would have no problem selling the ford and keeping that c10. Wish i had the money to add it to my collection, that is a beautiful truck. Love the patina pro street look.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #31
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Yeah baby.......iron oxide rules!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
Car'n'Guitars

If money is no problem why don't you just put one in storage?
1987 Chevrolet K10 Silverado
"The Beast" build 1987 Silverado http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6150257
Car'n'Guitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #33
Dingfodgy
Lemme show you something!!

All things being equal- the Mustang will always be more valuable than the truck. Also, in it's current state, the truck appeals to a very select group of people. If you have to act quickly then you'll probably need to attract more of an audience. Therefore, if I were in your position- I would swap out the BBC/M22 for a basic SBC/T5 setup. Put on a hood without a big honkin' hole in it and put some more "daily driver" friendly tires out back. Sell the truck for 8k-9k and sell the motor for 2500 and the rear tires/wheels for 750 or so. I'd definately keep the M22....cause you know your gonna come across some other GM muscle car down the road.
'95 BMW 325i ("Joy")
Dingfodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:47 PM   #34
50bomb

You got rid or your horses. Shame Shame. I rather raise my kids in the country but then again I do not have any babies. Market is no good for selling. My opinion is worthless. Sorry.
50bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #35
YBNORML

If your going for future return on your investment, then the mustang is the keeper. If you don't care about future value and are all about the cool factor, the truck wins hands down
I personally would keep the truck, in my world cool factor always wins!
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #36
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I love Mustang fast backs (hate the coupes). I wish I had something cool to swap you out of.

You can always get another truck and build it up. Once you sell the Mustang, its gone and you might be priced out of the market. But if its not really any sort of dream car for you that probably doesn't matter.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #37
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'n'Guitars View Post
If money is no problem why don't you just put one in storage?
Good point. I'm not selling it because I need the money but yet it takes money to store something. I barely drove it last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I love Mustang fast backs (hate the coupes). I wish I had something cool to swap you out of.

You can always get another truck and build it up. Once you sell the Mustang, its gone and you might be priced out of the market. But if its not really any sort of dream car for you that probably doesn't matter.
CG....you are dead on. If I sold the truck, I wouldn't replace it because it's not a forced sale. Easy to get back into one if I had to. What makes people sick is that I paid $2,750 for that Fastback 3 years ago!!! I bought it off a client who's husband had died and she is on 24 hr oxygen with not a ton of time left. She wanted me to have it and someday restore it. I couldn't even replace the mustang for 3 times what I paid for it.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #38
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Let me just say that I made the mistake of telling my best friend about my thoughts. He went up one side of me and down the other. I had to seek medical attention. He did bring up a good point: I have 6 vehicles. Getting rid of one does nothing to fix my problem. I will need to probably find space for another one and the RV. I live in a rural area with lots of farmland and high desert all around. I really need to find something that is big enough for more than one. I have I don't know how many 100s of clients with my insurance business. Many of them are ranchers and farmers. I need to really give it some thought as to making a deal with someone to grab a section of their barn or shop.

I have thought about this all day. Unlike the horses, it just sits with comp insurance on it, not costing me a dime. My buddy said to just uncover it and drive it for about a 1/2 hour.......then call him and tell him I'm selling it. I know that is all it would take.

I have another post asking about the ins and outs of storage containers. I can rent an 8x8x40 storage container that would hold both for $125 a month. That's pretty cheap. The more I type, the more the idea starts to fade.....................
Old 02-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #39
special-K
Special Order

I still say leave the M-22 in. Given what your truck is,it will take value "off" of the truck for sure. Using exact figures is futile,but as you said the trans you want to replace it with will eat up about 25% of what you can sell the M-22 for...then figure what it takes from the value and more so...the appeal! I see contradictions in the people saying take it out. It's not a cruiser,it's a pro-street truck. If you really are targeting a limited market,then keep it what that limited market will want. And,anyone who can't learn to drive a stick shouldn't be allowed to drive. It doesn't take an acrobat. "Everyone" used to do it. Another member says the M-22 should go,then says the cut hood and scoop will hurt it...exactly! The scoop through the hood,454,tubbed out/fat tires,stance,AND M-22 all go together and give the untouched body more appeal as exactly what it is...a grizzly looking street fighter that could clean a shiny boy's clock. Maybe what the others say would be true if you changed everything to be the truck they'd want. We all know that's throwing good money after bad. You're not going to change the motor/trans,tires/wheels,and find a patina'd hood that hasn't been cut just to sell it,right? The best way to sell "anything" is as it is. Once you've decided to move on you are done with that vehicle. You can buy one of those new M-22s for your Mustang.
And,I don't think the market is that limited for your truck. First of all,not everyone follows the heard. There are those who like what they like and stick with it,everyone loves drag racing (which is the inspiration for pro-street),many like something they never thought of once they see it,and in it's price range a person with money to have a truck the way they like would snag that up in a heartbeat and do it however they want. It's a low rust shortbed with great potential for under $10k.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #40
special-K
Special Order

Ok,I posted that w/o reading your last post. I never want to live in a development where people control what I do. I am a decent person and take great pride in my residence and it shows. I can keep it nice w/o rules and busy bodies forcing me to by their view of what decent is. I live in the country. When I bought this place I was moving away from town and had two young children. If it was entirely up to me I'd live somewhere totally secluded,but because I had kids I found a place that was a small community along a country road. I do what I do and they do what they do. Right across the road is nothing. To either side is open ground...the neighbor's houses set way back from the road. There's plenty of elbow room,I can play with my vehicles any way I please,and there were other kids within walking distance for my kids to play with. Town is about 5 miles away,so it was never a big deal to run the kids to friends in town,school events,playgrounds/parks,etc. I think you can find something like that to suit your needs. You don't just live in the country. You live back a dead end road with no immediate neighbors. I think your friend has steered you straight. I hope your wife agrees and good luck on finding that ideal place...it's out there.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
67chevemall

In other words .. keep the truck, or check in to the nut case ward at your local hospital.
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #42
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Special K: I might have made is sound a little too stiff. We won't be in the gated community, I just remembered where we used to live. No actual rules but you also didn't want to be the odd man out. When my wife and I got married 5 years ago, I told her that I would ALWAYS have ONE hot rod. I know have 3 so I fudged a bit on our deal. Because of this, I'm trying to meet in the middle somehow. Different parts of the country are different. In some areas, you can't find a "neighborhood" if you wanted too. I want my son and daughter to be able to just jump on their bikes and ride down to the park or the store. Can't do that where we are now.

Bottom line is changing over the truck for sale purposes is a pain in the ars and something I probably won't do just because of the time involved. I really just need to fine a small "area" for my toys.

Thanks for all the input!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #43
Michael Star

Loan the truck out to members here on the board. We will take turns storing it at our houses
Michael Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #44
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post

UPDATE: Had a good point brought up below. What about taking off the tunnel ram and going back to single carb setup? Wondering how much this would widen my market? Super easy swap and I could get some CASH for that tunnel rame setup. It is cherry. Changing back to a closed hood would open up for more year round driving. I don't think the big back tires narrow the market as much as the motor out da hood.
I agree 100%. That tunnel ram and scoop narrow your market considerably. If you put a nice 4 barrel on it and a stock hood, it would bring the value up and open your market to a much broader base.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #45
big_al_71

Love the scenery in the videos......and that engine sounds very nice....

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #46
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

I think I need to pull the ole list it for $15K and tell my wife that no takers and it's 5K below market value. I can then ask her if she wants to risk part of the kids college fund.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #47
Newtz67

Well you see, the problem is that you want to move into town. That is the problem that needs to be figured out. Why the hell would you do that!!! I would be more than happy to let you store that truck at my house rent free! I'll just need the keys, just in case I need to move it.
Newtz67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #48
dmack91

You could justify it by telling her how much you are saving not having horses anymore.

I always remind my wife that my truck and motorcycles don't need to be fed, shod, scooped up after, blanketed, or have vet visits when I am not riding them. Amazingly, they are in the same shape I left them in when I parked them, unlike her horses (haven't woken up to find a motorcycle tangled in a fence overnight).

Oh well, she has her hobbies and I have mine. Seems to be a good trade off.
dmack91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #49
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
Love the scenery in the videos......and that engine sounds very nice....
Hey Al I missed this post. I have a country road that is my test ground. Lots of visibility on both shoulders so no surprised and she's straight as an arrow so I can look for tow trucks are anything else that my have lights on top!!!

Pretty stock 454 with a roller valve train. That itself made a big difference.