The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
RickC63

63' C-10 rusty rockers

I'm not a pro body man but am convinced that I can do this stuff. With a little help from my friends. Anybody willing to walk we me thru the process of first buying the right parts and then removing the old and installing the new ones? I'm a descent welder(mig) and have air in my shop. The rockers are not rusted badly, it's the door jam and the area of the floor next to it. I also have rust, and holes in the lowest back corner of the cab (drivers side ). Since the rust is minor, is por15 an option? I have big plans for this truck and want to do it right.
Thanks

Rick
N. Ca

63' C-10 bbw swb w/427 tri power
Posted via Mobile Device
RickC63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
awbrown

Re: 63' C-10 rusty rockers

We need pictures... I am doing a truck right now ,and if you use the search function , you will see how others on the board have done it ...
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Re: 63' C-10 rusty rockers

I had one small spot of rust in the cab corner area. I found a hood that came off a 65 and used it for metal. ( filled my stake holes etc) use of the same steel is the best. A 4 inch grinder with a flap wheel will make fast work of the area. Once the area is cut out use some sort of anti rust paint to stop it from rusting again, if the area is hard to get to.

I made tabs on my piece and then drilled a small hole to wled the tab into place. Then the piece is held there complete the weld. Pictures are best.

Here is a pic of some door damage. I made backers and then added small welds slowly to repair the large holes. Solid repair that will never fail .
Same idea here rust hole or just a hole.
Attached Images

GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote