The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
robzilla

your thoughts?

got an email from a fellow with this truck for sale. trying to get some more pictures and details, but what is your thoughts from this one and only picture so far

and here's the info that i know so far: "Hi, truck has new tires, recent brakes and brake lines, radiator. Rebuilt 307 with 4 brl carb.
standard steering and brakes. Body is fair with 1 rust hole above rear fender"
robzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
1972RedNeck

Re: your thoughts?

I am imagining the drivers side to be caved in to the frame rail.
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
I once pulled an intake manifold for a cam swap... ended up with a full on drag car that ran in the 11's.
1972RedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
stomper

First thing I notice is those appear to be Cheyenne and Super badges on the fenders however the 'Super' badge is not in the correct place. I don't think the white/color/white two-tone was available with upper and lower trim but I might be wrong. The white mirrors probably would have been stainless and the truck would have originally had power steering/brakes if it was a factory Cheyenne Super. Looks to be in nice condition though.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
robzilla

the guy mentions standard steering and brakes, didn't all 71/72 have power steering and power brakes?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
67swb72klb

disc brakes standard but not power
Old 02-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #6
jocko

looks nice. also looks fishy. (i.e. if he's selling it at a Cheyenne "Super" price, I'd walk).
If he's up front about what's been done - and why he mounted the Super in the wrong place, etc etc - then it's up to you and whether or not you like it.

I do believe one could order the belt and upper moldings both with this type of two-tone paint.

It's a nice looking truck, in that one pic.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #7
70cst

Price? This would help in assessments.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
robzilla

got a few more pictures and some more details:

the gentleman has had it for 10 years or so, and it was painted a couple of years before he got it. there is some rust blisters, but the cab corner, rockers look solid. he is not sure if they were changed or patched.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
jocko

If you're seriously considering (and I think it is a nice truck) - need to ask the guy to show you a pic of the SPID. If it's looks old - and it says Cheyenne Super, then maybe it really is, but that still doesn't splain the emblems in the wrong place. My guess would be that the guy who repainted it (of COURSE before this owner had it...) stuck those super emblems on it and didn't know where to stick em, so to speak. I get frustrated with this kinda stuff personally - a VERY nice truck as a Cheyenne, or a Custom D, or a Custom, but to me it LOSES value if it's falsely trumped up to be a Super when it's not. An original Cheyenne in that shape is a sweet truck, why goon it by adding Super tags when they aren't warranted. If it were a high dollar "custom" sure, I get it, but it's a very stock appearing truck, except for that. If the SPID says it's a Super - I'm stumped. Would love to see the interior... (for more detective work) and the tailgate handle. Call me Sherlock...

EDIT - BUT, ya know, if you LIKE the truck, GET it. I'm only mentioning the above so you don't overpay due to some false advertising. If he's NOT calling it a super and those emblems somehow ended up on there, don't worry about it - you can take em off someday if you want and fill the holes. But if he advertises it as though it's a Super, and he's asking a price that would be up there with a Super, I'd punt personally.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
robzilla

he said it's parked in his garage and when i'm in his next of the woods, to stop by and have a look.
what options would the Cheyenne, or custom have over a base model.
i'll snap a picture of the SPID when i swing by to check it out.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
jocko

SPID will actually say "Cheyenne Super Equip" on it.

Cheyenne Super would have included things like:
- Woodgrain dash cluster
- Woodgrain glovebox door applique OVER an aluminum pan (makes it look like shiny trim around the wood)
- Cheyenne Super on the glove box door
- Shiny tailgate handle cover
- Super emblems aligned as LEFT justified under the Cheyenne (it's clearly not got this)

Ok gents - pls chime in here, our homey needs some help on this mission!! I've listed the obvious ones, but I know I am missing some others...

here's a thread on the subj http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=334779
Old 02-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #12
jocko

Hey Rob - here's a pic of a Cheyenne Super SPID. And here's a link to a Super on ebay, guy has a video on it that walks you around a very original and pretty worn Super - which is nice because you know it's real that way. Anyone ever see a black console with parchment buckets?? Seems I read somewhere that was the norm - that's the only thing that got my attn. Who knows. Anyway, maybe this will help ya know what/where to look for stuff. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...627212cf#v4-42
Attached Images