The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
GMCNUT

NOS GM 67-68 chrome trim set 100% complete

Fellow member JQ-72 and myself have had the pleasure of knowing a fellow Chevy Truck lover named Marshall Pepper for many years, and Marshall has always been a NOS parts hoarder of sorts in that he was smart enough in the early 90's to see the need to buy up a lot of NOS GM truck parts before GM stopped making them.

I was at his house a week or two back and he showed me a full, in the wrappers and MINT set of 67-68 side mouldings, front end mouldings, grill and eyebrow mouldings, hood mouldings, tailgate mouldings, and tail light mouldings - 100% of every teeny tiny piece of chrome for a 67-68 short bed truck - every piece.

Marshall is an older gentleman and does not even own a computer, so he asked me to poke around and see who is interested in something like this set....he wants 2000.00 for the complete bundle of mouldings. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will give you his number and you can call him and deal with him directly. I am just doing this for him as a friend. Thanks!
GMCNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Tim Christian

Re: NOS GM 67-68 chrome trim set 100% complete

i know Mr.Marshall Pepper he use to buy parts from me at Christians Classics He always told me about all his parts but never had the chance to check them out. He is a Outstanding Truck Guy!!!!! Please tell him Tim said Hi !!!!
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

If I had the money I'd consider it for my GMC...and sell the Chevy stuff. I'm kinda thinking no trim now,though.

Oh,and BTW,way before the early '90s GM had already stopped making these parts. They pretty much stop making parts when they stop selling the truck. And,by then N.O.S.parts were getting hard to find not depleted. S the savvy,like Marshall,started buying what they could. In fact,by then there were already companies selling parts in catalogs for these trucks. They'd have deluxe side marker lenses for $16 when the dealer still had them for $12. I had a 30% discount so they were $8 to me. I wondered if people even tried getting the parts from the dealership first. Anyway...nice set of trim for somebody!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
Jparks

Do you have any idea if he's willing to split it up, I don't need it all but I could the use the grille eyebrow and hood moldings
Posted via Mobile Device
Jparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
pickupman

I met Marshall a time or two at Pigoen Forge when he was up with Josh, very nice guy and like you say a true truck guy, wish I had the money want to put it back on my 67

67 1/2 ton 4wd custom cab
72 1/2 ton 4wd super cheyenne
71 1/2 BB super cheyenne shortbed
pickupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #6
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jparks View Post
Do you have any idea if he's willing to split it up, I don't need it all but I could the use the grille eyebrow and hood moldings
Posted via Mobile Device
No. he's selling it as a set - that I am sure of. He will not split it up because that de-values the rest of the pieces
Old 02-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupman View Post
I met Marshall a time or two at Pigoen Forge when he was up with Josh, very nice guy and like you say a true truck guy, wish I had the money want to put it back on my 67
I am sure all of this trim is reproduced, but there is an allure to buying real GM NOS parts and being able to tell on-lookers at shows that is what they are seeing. When you tell a show spectator "this is NOS GM" their face lights up because they know they are seeing history preserved, and they know you went that extra mile to preserve it - when its apparent your whole truck is assembled from aftermarket parts and put together like one of those 50's kit cars you see dozens of at shows, then many spectators just walk on by or have less reason to respect and admire your work - just my thinking anyway. I see NOS parts as being part of the overall investment in the vehicle, so I wish Marshall had more early 60's stuff for my rides....thanks for looking and keep on truckin
Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
GMCNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If I had the money I'd consider it for my GMC...and sell the Chevy stuff. I'm kinda thinking no trim now,though.

Oh,and BTW,way before the early '90s GM had already stopped making these parts. They pretty much stop making parts when they stop selling the truck. And,by then N.O.S.parts were getting hard to find not depleted. S the savvy,like Marshall,started buying what they could. In fact,by then there were already companies selling parts in catalogs for these trucks. They'd have deluxe side marker lenses for $16 when the dealer still had them for $12. I had a 30% discount so they were $8 to me. I wondered if people even tried getting the parts from the dealership first. Anyway...nice set of trim for somebody!!
Well, oddly Marshall still has his receipts from the early 90's when he bought up NOS tailgates, fenders, trim of all years, 60-66 truck NOS grilles, etc....so believe it or not, you could in fact still get this stuff from the Chevrolet dealer in the late 80's to early 90's. I bought a set of NOS rocker panels from him for a 60-66 truck and they have stickers that are were 1990 seems like....
Old 02-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
HOTFUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCNUT View Post
Well, oddly Marshall still has his receipts from the early 90's when he bought up NOS tailgates, fenders, trim of all years, 60-66 truck NOS grilles, etc....so believe it or not, you could in fact still get this stuff from the Chevrolet dealer in the late 80's to early 90's. I bought a set of NOS rocker panels from him for a 60-66 truck and they have stickers that are were 1990 seems like....

Steve Does he still have any NOS aluminum 64-66 grilles? Mark
'72 Cheyenne Super K20 project
'73 Sierra swb 4x4 frame off in paint stage
'74 Cheyenne Super swb w/16k actual
'71 & 72 Cheyenne K10 4x4 swb's
'70 426 HEMICUDA conv SHAKER 4 sp Dana 60
'60 Impala conv 327 PG fac ac loaded 3rd owner
'72 GMC K2500 4x4
'59 Apache CST BBW fleetside swb 283
'73 ElCamino SS LS1 T56 true SS bucket tach
'76 ElCamino SS 52k survivor
'87 Grand National 41k True 2nd to last built in 1987.
'86 K30 454 SRW fleetside CA since new
'88 Trans Am GTA 39k bought new
2018 DEMON plum crazy @ 840HP! "Need for speed"
HOTFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
GMCNUT

Hot fun, I know he had one last year but seems like he sold it to Paul Owen, a well known 64-66 builder in PA. I will ask and see if he has any left, but I am pretty sure that was the last one....
Old 02-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

I didn't intend to hijack your thread,just correct a statement you made. So,just consider this another ttt for you.

Quote:
Well, oddly Marshall still has his receipts from the early 90's when he bought up NOS tailgates, fenders, trim of all years, 60-66 truck NOS grilles, etc....so believe it or not, you could in fact still get this stuff from the Chevrolet dealer in the late 80's to early 90's...
Yes,I know that's true for sure. In fact,I was also one of those who bought up what I could back then. Right up until in the early-mid '90s when they started selling GM Restoration Parts which were the same parts made by reproduction companies who paid for GM licensing. You didn't know if you were ordering N.O.S. or Taiwan...even though the parts were in GM packaging. Anything N.O.S. won't have a bar code.

I was just commenting on what is in bold below. I didn't say GM didn't still have parts. I was saying GM had long since "stopped making" them and it was just a matter of what was still left. Which was amazingly quite a bit. No big deal,just wanted to be clear. Good luck with his sale. Like I said,I'd gladly pay the price if I could. I sold off the complete set of upper and lower (w/wood grain) set I had to raise money for a 67/68 set. But,that was a few years ago and I had to use the money for other things...bummer
Quote:
Fellow member JQ-72 and myself have had the pleasure of knowing a fellow Chevy Truck lover named Marshall Pepper for many years, and Marshall has always been a NOS parts hoarder of sorts in that he was smart enough in the early 90's to see the need to buy up a lot of NOS GM truck parts before GM stopped making them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
...Oh,and BTW,way before the early '90s GM had already stopped making these parts. They pretty much stop making parts when they stop selling the truck. And,by then N.O.S.parts were getting hard to find not depleted. S the savvy,like Marshall,started buying what they could. In fact,by then there were already companies selling parts in catalogs for these trucks...

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote