The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 AM   #26
drivea55

Re: WHY Are Advanced Design & Task Force the ONLY Ones Lumped Together?

well there go!

I like both models, but feel they do get confused with questions asked.

maybe with the times a changing the admins will reconsider and do a poll?

I vote for set up a poll and have all the active people here vote it out.

"times do change".

just an idea to add to the pile.

Brian

SOLD to "ONEBADFIVEFIVE"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=436406
drivea55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #27
55dude

just be glad the site is here! stovebolt would love to have you over there and as much info that site has to offer i don't care for the way it's setup. AD and TF'S get along well being grouped together.
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #28
GeorgeLeonard

Ha! I just love it when history comes around to bite you in the ass. Good one.
GeorgeLeonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #29
Russell Ashley

I'm with Kabwe on this. I just like old trucks so I say leave it like it is. Come on guys, it's really not a problem to have them all together. If they weren't together I probably wouldn't be visiting the 47-55:1 forum and I would have missed all of the good work that Ironworks and N-Sane did on those AD's plus all of the other good work being done in peoples garages. I've had 14 old trucks from a 47 Ford to a 69 Chevy, with Dodges in between, and I like them all.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

I wondered why they were grouped together,also. But,it's obviously a matter of lower traffic. When the different era trucks were first separated it was because there was so much 67-72 traffic it needed it's own board. "All" the others were very slow. They have all picked up since the split and some,like 73-87 and 60-66 have grown to about as much traffic as 67-72,say about 5 or so years ago. This morning,I had to go to page 4 in 67-72 to get where it left off yesterday morning. To say you have to "wade" through posts to find one or the other is an exaggeration. This board goes back to the day before yesterday on page 1 with Task Forces and Advance Designs combined. And,this is way more traffic than when the eras split. I'm sure when traffic gets heavy enough they will be split. Until then,one era helps the other cuz slow traffic kills a website/message board. These trucks have their differences yet share a lot of similarities by design. Sure,Task Masters had V8s available and even automatics,but 6cyl/3spd was still the norm and they all have axle over leaf rears and leaf/solid axle front suspension. I know one thing...they sure look good together.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #31
Amorget

There are two reasons to visit the boards. 1) See nice trucks. 2) Technical advice

For the people that visit for reason 1, it doesn't matter that it is lumped together and it works well. In fact all years and makes could be lumped together for that.

For the people that visit for technical advice it does make a large different when 2 generations are lumped together as it can cause a lot of confusion, especially for people who are not well versed in these trucks and their acronyms. Someone new comes here, posted a question not know that so much changed in 55, someone asks them AD or TF and they have no idea what they are even being asked. I never found anything on this site (or anywhere else I looked) that cleared spelled it out and it sure led to a lot of confusion. I am both internet savvy and car literate, however a lot of things still threw me for a loop.

Just my .02 as a new user.
Amorget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
jimig1

I like them being in the same place. I know that it can cause confusion especially when you are new and just got a truck. I think if there was a sticky with some of the basic info it would help. If it had things like TF and AD and what they mean also link to popular topics like the Old Car Manual Project. I know ppl will skip them but it may help avoid confusion and provide some good info when people are looking for it.
MSRA Member

I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
-George Carlin
jimig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #33
lolife99
67-72 parts collector,…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimig1 View Post
I like them being in the same place. I know that it can cause confusion especially when you are new and just got a truck. I think if there was a sticky with some of the basic info it would help. If it had things like TF and AD and what they mean also link to popular topics like the Old Car Manual Project. I know ppl will skip them but it may help avoid confusion and provide some good info when people are looking for it.
That's a great idea!
Please write something up with links and pictures.
I'll see if I can get it added as a sticky.

Convert to disc brakes.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444823
lolife99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I would love to address every post individually, but time is an issue there right now.

1. please, if you guys feel something should change, always let us know. You asked why, I answered. Doesn't mean its set in stone forever.. if it was, it would not had changed to begin with. Josh makes changes as needed, use site feedback area and discuss it.
2. if you have info thats faq worthy, let us know. We have essentially begged for your help via posts recently and get ignored. Want stuff like an index etc, make it happen.
3. stovebolt rocks, its been a friend of this forum since both began. We have promoted going there for info for years. Not really sure on what else the purpose of that post was? maybe due to rushing, I just missed the point?

Keep the ideas and opinions coming.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote