The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
danheit

Is it worth it? Why?

Hey guys, I have a question for ya regarding the 67-72 trucks. I currently have 1.5 1955 2nd series trucks in poor condition, one runs and drives but the body is shot, a second with no drivetrain but a better body. Problem is, I am not a body man and don't have the room to dig into all of this. Here's my question:

I have been considering trying to trade my 2 55's for one decent 67-72 project truck that is a running driving fixer. Is it worth it, and why would I consider one of these trucks over the classic stylings of what I already have. Keep in mind, I do love the way a nice lowered 67-72 looks, and the aftermarket support seems a little better, but other than that, why did YOU choose the truck you did. I am trying to make up my mind if I want to try and swap or not.

Last edited by gcburdic; 02-15-2012 at 10:41 PM.
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
50bomb

Re: Is it worth it? Why?

My all time favorite are 60-66 chevy but I chose a 67 cause my dad and grandpa owned a 71-72 chevy and I wanted something close to what they had. Note my dad had a 65 chevy c10 in the 80's as well. and grandpa has a 64 chevy truck custom cab now. But I wanted something he doesnt have now. Someday i will get another 60-66 BUT I am keepin the 67 as well. Oh and they have to be longbed fleets.
50bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
biggestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by danheit View Post
Hey guys, I have a question for ya regarding the 67-72 trucks. I currently have 1.5 1955 2nd series trucks in poor condition, one runs and drives but the body is shot, a second with no drivetrain but a better body. Problem is, I am not a body man and don't have the room to dig into all of this. Here's my question:

I have been considering trying to trade my 2 55's for one decent 67-72 project truck that is a running driving fixer. Is it worth it, and why would I consider one of these trucks over the classic stylings of what I already have. Keep in mind, I do love the way a nice lowered 67-72 looks, and the aftermarket support seems a little better, but other than that, why did YOU choose the truck you did. I am trying to make up my mind if I want to try and swap or not.

Next, anybody wanna trade?
These are questions that only you can answer. Just depends on what you really want.

I chose my Longhorn because its different, and I love the lines and curves of the body. Classic American styling at its best.
biggestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
R.L.

I have had 2 58s and a 56 I kept them mostly stock only changed to a 71 rear-end with 4.11 gears for drive ability. I miss them and I think there my favorite styling. I went with my 72 because they are basically the last of there kind.Technology was changing things. Both these trucks were part of my childhood but you could have a truck with basically the same size and feel with independent front suspension, power brakes, power steering, V8s were common or a 6 cyl. 3 on the tree could be had with a swb and you had almost the same feel of a 50s model. This was a time of change that makes these trucks easy to lend them selves to custom work or going back to a simpler time and yet still road worthy by todays standard.
If I were you I'd keep my 55s I've always regretted letting mine go and find a 67-72 and just buy it out right if passable. Live with it a while before sellers regret sets in with the 55s.
R.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
MARKDTN

If you like the 55 style, maybe you could trade the bad body for someone to swap the drivetrain from it into the good body. The earlier trucks never did anything for me, but that's just me. Without pictures/details/your preferences for what you really want, it is a tough question.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote