The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
midniteblues

since I did one why not the other

Well here is my alternative tinkerer when the $ comes around this was a cl find.I was looking for a differnt project while back I didnt have much $ but want to off my cbr for a partial trade i looked at this car 4 2k in the back lot of a nearby garage the guy showing didnt own it an told me the story on how the car was brought to them for interior work and a motor trans rebuild he told me they pulled all the insides out and had an upolstry shop recover the seats and the engine an trans sent out appaerntly the owners that actually bought it for their son and he agreed to help pay to have the work done. but never gave any $ too anybody in nine months of waiting he said the shops sold off the parts and the car sat in their lot empty with a space rent each month building the older owners just wanted it gone after all it was just a roller with nothing inside but the dash anymore the son left town and has not been heard from. iI look over the car an it appeared to have some body work done but not the greatest. so I asked him 2k for this! how bout the trade for the cbr? Nah! he said their older people and wouldnt want that. but they were here earlyier this week and talked about scrapping it because its been on cl for 3 months an your only the second to even look at it.my brain was still thinking (scrapping it)well hell I'll givem the 4 bills they'll get for it for scrap late that nite he called me an said " its yours for the $400)I didnt sleep much that nite thinking a 2k car for 4 bills thats a deal pics from the day it came and the begining of my plans
Attached Images

'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
midniteblues

Re: since I did one why not the other

well surprizingly solid and being a true "sprint" (pontiac ss) i started gathering interior peices. the 454 was being built for the camaro untill this showed up needing a engine/trans and i already had the fresh t400. the hardest part to find was the flip down rear seat in good condition as funny as that sounds the rear seat came from texas and i had half the price of the car in itnow its a complete gas guzzleing cruzer that will absoultly will not get any traction with the 14" rallyII on it and the 355 gears in it. I would really love too roll bar and mini tub this and keep the street beater look but we"ll see like I said "when the money comes around" other than that it dont cost anything too leave it sit until then but who knows I would sell/trade it for a 63-66 truck but not with the 454/t400 got too much into that so for now only time will tell whats to become of this
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
midniteblues

As for now I'm in the process of installin the guages in the dash as can be seen from the pics and collecting other parts for it. its not the most desirable of the x bodies but still has a cool factor and not being a nova makes it a lil differnt
Old 02-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
red69ss
Burnouts are therapeutic

cool looking ride. you got a good deal on it, and I bet its fun to drive with the 454.
1972 PONTIAC LEMANS CONVERTIBLE (WIFE'S CAR)

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met." - Rodney Dangerfield

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Einstein
red69ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
midniteblues

thanks it is a fun ride. around here there's alot of hills and its nice to just to glide up them. although the bb is thirsty compared to my other rides and i find that it really dont like wet roads
Old 02-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #6
OARNGESI

nice buy it looks like its going to be a fun cruiser
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
midniteblues

Thanks around here its tough to find any hatchback x bodies seems they leaked enough to make them dissapear really quick.the coolest part of the whole car is the "sprint" option not many have heard of it. Or they say "oh my grandma had a ventura"
Old 02-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #8
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

There was one of those at the Drag Show here a few weeks ago.They make a sharp looking ride.The one here even had the "Hatchback Tent" which was available thru the GM dealers.I'll bet it's a smile factory with the BB in it.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #9
rcbildr

COOL!!! I have a 72 Ventura that's sitting in my driveway. I bought it with no engine, trans, and not much of an interior. It was originally a 6 cylinder car, but I have a small block 400 and a TH-400 for motivation and I've found enough parts from various novas to replace the missing interior stuff. I just need to get some other projects finished before I can start on this one.

Nice car!!!
1967 Suburban 1/2ton 2wd

My Girlfriends Projects
1985 Chevy Suburban 3/4ton 4x4 with 6.2L diesel, 4" lift, converted to TH-400, Warn Premium manual hubs, & Wildcat 315/75/R16 tires. (daily driver)
1978 Camaro Type LT with a Marine 350 & vortec heads, Rochester Carb, & roller cam
1978 Camaro Z28
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

ooohhhhh, flash back!!!!
I had a 74 Apollo HB with the 350. I quickly swapped it for a Buick 455 I had laying around and proceeded to clean house in town with that thing. keeping it straight on upshifts was a chore and traction was at a premium.
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
midniteblues

Thanks guys,everybody around here say's "aw them cars are junk" Its not a chevelle,camaro,or a real nova.but thats what I liked about it.Funny thing is I bought bb camaro springs for the front before I dropped the engine in after it was in It barely dropped at all! But i figured I'll put them in anyway well needless to say they came rite back out it looked like a gassercould've cut the springs but it sat and rode good with the old ones so i left'm in and sold the bb coils glad i didnt cut them cause i got more than what i paid.then I was told the oe pontiac 350 actually weighed more than a bbc. can anybody verify that seems hard to believe. I bet those factory tents fetch a good coin if they could be found.One thing I cant seem to find in good shape is the rubber boots for around the bottom of the rear hatch struts they seem to fall apart after all these years. one other thing was the oe shift plate in the console did not have a shift indicater on the plate it is in the dash.those plates dont show up very often either so mine has two indicaters not many will notice that.I looked at installing the camaro guages in the console but I figured for the price of'em I'll keep the delete plate and put some in the dash. I must say though the apollo wit a 455 in would really be cool I bet most of them people didnt really know what they were up against