The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
BaggedRanger

Thought I'd say hello

Picked up my Jimmy just about 2 weeks ago now and have been driving it and figuring out what needs to be fixed and everything. The guy that I got it from kind of did a few interesting things with it, like hooking up the e-fans to the heater controls. So when we turned the heater control off the fans went off which made a nice little boil over at the gas pump the last time I was there..

Here is the pics of the Jimmy..

Currently the truck sits with a bell tech spindle and spring drop with who knows in the rear. However I do know that the rear shocks are useless as they are pretty much laying down right now.

Plans are to get the porterbuilt drop member from a friend and bag the front and link the rear. Just not sure how hard I want it to lay. If I want it to lay frame then I'll probably have to do something with the bedfloor so I'm not sure. Will get to that eventually as it is my 3rd vehicle.

My daily driver is a 2006 Pontiac GTO with a 6spd and pretty much other than the rims, stereo, and exhaust it's stock. Here is a pic of my daily..

Finally, I guess you can say it's my baby as I've had this one since new and pretty much have done most of the work to it. Suspension work no.. Everything else yes.. It's a 1995 Ranger extra cab that is in the process of being stock floor body dropped. So far it's been about a 4 year project when it went in originally just for some simple work. The project kind of blew up..

I'll be around looking for new things on what to do my new project.. It's going to be fin especially the whole no smog thing..

Almost forgot this is what I sold to buy the Jimmy..

It was a 97 Tahoe 4x4 on 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers and 18" wheels. The leather and stuff was nice however I am just not a lifted truck kind of guy..

Last edited by BaggedRanger; 02-24-2012 at 09:00 PM.
BaggedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
J Lee

Re: Thought I'd say hello

Welcome! and how much of a problem do you have with the front tires scrubing or bottoming out if any? The stance /wheel tire fitment is perfect to what I want on my Jimmy. I'm guessing those are 20" TT2's, do you have the width, backspacing and tire size specs? Thanks and cool project!

Jeff
J Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
BaggedRanger

No inner fenders and banging the crap out of the drivers side helped with the rubbing. Right now the shocks are blown pretty much all around so while it doesn't bottom out it does float a little while it's driving.

Sorry about the wheels. I have no idea on the backspacing or anything on the fronts as I haven't taken them off yet. I do believe the are TT2's though..
BaggedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Nice collection.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote