The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
ACE63

83 sb 4x4

Hello, Im new here. My 83 silverado was bought by me new in 83. Its rarely out in the winter unless my van is broken down,, 67,000 on the clock. Its all stock, the truck has never had a hole drilled in it. Yes I will post some pics soon , they are on a crashed computer that I need to get onlne. But I promise some good pics for you guys. My questions are about a couple parts that I would like to find in good shape. One is the 4x4 shift nob, mines got a crack in it from just sitting, its about the size of a cue ball only black. Also I need a drivers side door pillar interior molding piece. The one near the windshield.Red, That too decided to crack from sitting. And the last thing I need help with is the interior roof velour.its sagging very badly, Its like a bed sheet hanging down. Im thinking that there must be a way to take it out and re glue it. My truck has been mostly used for camping in my younger days,then I purchased a motor home and just put the truck away. She rides good, It even has original exhaust on it. I also have a clamped on truck cap that was made just for this truck in 83.. Its only a 305ci but it keeps up ok.... Now I thank you for your help and I will go work on getting some pics posted .. Thanks Al
ACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: 83 sb 4x4

LMC should have those pieces youll have to redye the pillar piece.. we pull down the headliner and use the spray adhesieve that ya get in the auto parts store to reglue the headliner.. ofg course youll have to scrape all the foam glue off of there

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
ACE63

Thank you Bob, who is LMC? Im hoping to find a used pillar trim so i don't have to try to dye it. Spray adhesive should work on the liner,
ACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Your41Plague12

The website he's referring to is www.lmctruck.com . They have every nut, bolt, and screw for our trucks. Most of their stuff is really nice, too.
Bushwacker Cutouts, 38x15.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws,
350 HP 350 crate engine from Jegs, Turbo 400
Your41Plague12 is offline   Reply With Quote