The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #76
PatrickGMC70

Re: what a gorgeous 70 on ebay - WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
Don't make me type in all caps, because I'll do it. Really, I will. OK, here goes, since everyone seems to be either ignoring or misunderstanding my post:

1) It's a nice truck.
2) "You couldn't build it for X" does NOT mean "it's worth X"
3) There's a lot of wonky stuff with this one that I think will prevent it from selling for more than the high teens I predicted, which is about where it is now.

Spend $30K fixing up a shortbed big block, sell it for $35K. Spend $30K fixing up a Frankenstein with a fake spid, sell it for $20K.
I think the criticism of this truck is legitimate. I agree that it's very nice, but when the seller advertises it as a "numbers matching" truck and all the evidence suggests that it's not an original 350, that's fraud. Not to mention all of the other issues pointed out already.

Yes, it's nice. Very nice in fact, and if it was advertised as simply a nice truck, I'd have no issue - even if it sold for $50K. But the seller opened the door for this criticism by holding the truck out as something that it's not.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #77
jocko

Great, now it'll be locked for sure!!

EDIT: Btw, what is the actual reason it's assumed not "real" - i.e. can someone splain to me how the protecto-plate decodes to a non-350? (I saw that, but didn't quite catch the logic/reason). The VIN is for a V8 truck - but I'm just not certian how to make the leap it's a 307 truck (thus the question, this would probably help others on the site learn something useful besides just me)

Also, I'll just throw this out, but if someone's gonna "fake" something, then this would probably be a CST. Who knows. Sure is purdy though. I understand what you're saying - if someone doesn't advertise fairly - not a good thing, and I don't know if this guy is being fully forward or not - but good Lord he's posted a bazillion pics of everything but the inside of the tires, we can all look at it for ourselves and decide. But I would like to be schooled on the reason the pp decodes to a 307 - I'm a 66 guy, bear with me

Btw, the red 72 4x4 in the background sold already.

Last edited by jocko; 02-29-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #78
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Truck Bashing Is Not allowed . The Owner /Builder may be a member
Old 03-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #79
Sillyoldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
huh, it has the same interior as mine.
That seat fabric isn't a very common one found!
Wondering if it's new (says all new interior), and if yes - where they got it.
I've checked SMS samples and the color of their fabric isn't a match.

I'm going to "ask a question" and see if they reply.

Mine:
That's the same fabric as in my truck but mines black. I sure wish I could find an new cover like it.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Closed Thread