The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
BAMO

Window Channel and Wipes Installation

Before I start tearing into this, does anyone have any instructions and tips/tricks for installing the window channels and wipes? Bought the window channel kit from Brothers. There must be some good instructions out there but so far I haven't managed to come across them.
BAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
dstarrett

Re: Window Channel and Wipes Installation

one piece glass(no vent)or stock replacement? I am doing one piece conversion myself,only thing i have learned so far is to bend the channel around the window before installing. Planning on using urethane to secure it to door. haven't thought about the wipes yet. Any suggestions would help.
dstarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
billysbowties

Who have you used for your one piece installation or are just building your own. I have not started mine yet but there is an article in Classic Truck to install one in a 66, I think that's what there doing it in if I remember right. Let me know some of your ideas and I will also return the favor. Thanks

billysbowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
dstarrett

Got glass,channels, wipes,and track from vintage glass. Balls hot rods for the power windows. Lucky me, my son works for a hot rod shop and that has helped with the fab. Still primarily just me putting it together so it is slow on the progress side of things.
dstarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
BAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstarrett View Post
one piece glass(no vent)or stock replacement? I am doing one piece conversion myself,only thing i have learned so far is to bend the channel around the window before installing. Planning on using urethane to secure it to door. haven't thought about the wipes yet. Any suggestions would help.
Stock replacement. From what I have dug up it looks pretty straight forward - just want to make sure I am aware of any gotchas before I get there. Also, the upper channel material looks nothing like the original - looks more like what would be on a 67 and later truck, is that "normal" and will it all just fit the same?
BAMO is offline   Reply With Quote