The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Bigb401

After market doors

Can anyone tell me what the quality of lmc and classic industries quality is for there blazer doors? And do they have the screw hole under the vent window?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
1972CST

Re: After market doors

I picked up a Clasic Industries 1972 truck door from CL a while back. I bought it without looking at it good... I was assuming I was buying quality since it came from Classic. Boy was I WRONGE! It was very light and thin. The window post was poorly welded on and the stampings looked poor. If this door had not still had all original box and paper work, I would not have thought it came from Classic! I will say it was an older new door and I hope they have better stuff now... but that was my one and only experience w/ Classic Industries.
1972CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
72smoker

I got my doors and other sheet metal from LMC, from what 1972cst says it sounds like it might all come from the same place. From all the reserch that I have done there are only a few of companies that make the after market parts for our trucks. Most or all of them are not from th USA.
72smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
Bigb401

Does anyone know where to get a quality set of same year doors that are like new?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
shocker

i bought my doors from brothers, they are COUNTERPART, i am pretty happy with the fit but the welds need to be touched up for the window
Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
Bigb401

Do you have site for them shocker?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
29od1

I've talked to a very reputable member here about doors and I was told:

They are actually made by Apex and will come in a box with Key Parts on it NOT TRI PLUS. Suppliers like Top Banana, Classic Heartbeat, Chevy Metal and many more. The main thing you must tell them you want the new tooling doors.

They are supposed to be same gauge as original and have the top hoop (window channel surround) fixed that has always been a problem in the past with aftermarket doors.
29od1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Bigb401

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29od1 View Post
I've talked to a very reputable member here about doors and I was told:

They are actually made by Apex and will come in a box with Key Parts on it NOT TRI PLUS. Suppliers like Top Banana, Classic Heartbeat, Chevy Metal and many more. The main thing you must tell them you want the new tooling doors.

They are supposed to be same gauge as original and have the top hoop (window channel surround) fixed that has always been a problem in the past with aftermarket doors.
Can you explain what the top hoop (window channel surround) is and what it does or is for? Thanks for the info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
29od1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb401 View Post
Can you explain what the top hoop (window channel surround) is and what it does or is for? Thanks for the info.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry I forgot I was posting in the Blazer forum so it's a non-issue since the window channel/frame is cut off for the Blazers.

But what I was talking about for the pickups is that the door window frame (at the top) did not match the curvature and contour of the cab in the previous repops. So some guys were cutting the top window frame off and welding it to the reproduction doors so that the cab to door gaps lined up better around the top.
29od1 is offline   Reply With Quote