The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2003, 09:19 PM   #1
mike reeh
5 day ban, learn to behave.

I need a 2WD left rear shock bracket!

on my burb the upper shock mount (left rear) broke! Now I have to grind the rivets off and bolt a new bracket on there. Anyone have any parts trucks they wanna sell that part from? I know I can find one locally but Im really not into it right now. For now I will have to drive with one rear shock (blown at that)

it was that way when I got it..

One other thing what brand of shocks would you recommend for a 91 C2500 suburban? something cheap to get me by for a few months.. Im thinking about kyb or pro-comp.. stock height

mike
mike reeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Get hold of "GN4U2C" he has a junk burb to pick apart on and im getting parts off it tomorrow sunday 9/14. if ya want ill see if i can pull it off and sell it to you for $10 more than cost and shipping or you can contact him yourself and see what ya can do
gotta let me know tonight t ho 9/13

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:13 PM   #3
mike reeh

i dont know how to get ahold of him. apparently you cant enter a user name to private message. How about if while you're there you just ask him if you can have/buy it? $10+shipping is reasonable.

thanks for considering..

mike
Old 09-13-2003, 10:14 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ok assuming he wants $ for it how much is the most i should pay for it plus the $10 for me taking this off in the rain and shipping??

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:16 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

as for shocks , i use monroe matics cheapies on any vehicle i am selling just to get it out on the road with new shocks cheap and decent enough for a few months

I hate cancer!!
Old 09-13-2003, 10:24 PM   #6
mike reeh

$5... If I have to spend more than $20 out of pocket for this peice I will just go take it off a truck myself!

mike
Old 09-15-2003, 11:24 AM   #7
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ok mike i went to this guys yard and he has the part you need, but after taking the springs outta the rear ( no easy task until ya cut all kinds of holes in the truck i wasnt about to start ripping apart another floor section to get to that brace. I did mention it to jason and im going to give you his name here "GN4U2C"
the thread where i found his info is currently near the top of the parts board as i just left a thank you post
good luck

I hate cancer!!