The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
GMC"ER

Look whats new in the 69 GMC stepper! Getting close to getting on the road!!!!

Hey guys have not posted in awhile have been working on the 69 GMC stepper this winter. This post may be in the wrong section but I thought that most folks that have been looking at my build would see it here? Anyway the engine in the truck looked like a 1st grader painted it, it was awful! So I pulled it just going to paint and replace.....well that didn't happen! Anyway I went from paint to a major engine build so much for the 10.00 dollar can of paint!!! Well I thought that sense I had it out I might as well build it and add a little shine! Wife said I went a little overboard with it but hey might as well as long as I had it out. Posted is before and after shots, how does it look? To much chrome? Well Wife said I should just had it dipped in chrome!!! Thanks for looking hope to have it back in this weekend then off to the paint booth or I hope so! Maybe one of these days I will get to drive it, thats right I have never drove it on the open road yet can't wait! It was in pieces when I bought it. Thanks again for looking! By the way this was my first major engine build hope it turned out alright? I have learned a lot with this truck it has been great fun! Robert
Attached Images

Last edited by GMC"ER; 03-20-2012 at 11:24 PM.
GMC"ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Constructor1

Re: Look whats new in the 69 GMC stepper! Getting close to getting on the road!!!!

I can't help you with convencing your wife that that engine looks GREAT, but man, that engine looks GREAT! Is it just a stock rebuild, or did you put it on any steroids? Congrats on getting it 1 step closer to being on the road. You should be very proud of what you are accomplishing.
Constructor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
rcbildr

Re: Look whats new in the 69 GMC stepper! Getting close to getting on the road!!!!

Nice!!! The engine looks good!
1967 Suburban 1/2ton 2wd

My Girlfriends Projects
1985 Chevy Suburban 3/4ton 4x4 with 6.2L diesel, 4" lift, converted to TH-400, Warn Premium manual hubs, & Wildcat 315/75/R16 tires. (daily driver)
1978 Camaro Type LT with a Marine 350 & vortec heads, Rochester Carb, & roller cam
1978 Camaro Z28
rcbildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
GMC"ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constructor1 View Post
I can't help you with convencing your wife that that engine looks GREAT, but man, that engine looks GREAT! Is it just a stock rebuild, or did you put it on any steroids? Congrats on getting it 1 step closer to being on the road. You should be very proud of what you are accomplishing.
Thanks it is pretty much a stock build I did put a slightly bigger cam in it nothing that the stock engine won't handle just started with a stock rebuild but wanted to change up to a 4 bbl. carb and spruce it up a little with nothing ground pounding just a good Friday night cruse truck. By the way the truck is not mine it does belong to the Wife she just didn't know all the checks that had to be written and the time it takes to finish but she loves it now! Go figure? Thanks for the comment on the truck! Robert
GMC"ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Looks really good Robert....there is no end to building these trucks, one thing always leads to another.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote