The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
edsplace89

need help with lower and upper radiator hoses!!! cant find!

hey everyone, i know there are threads about this already, and i have gone through a lot of them, and all of them say different things. but i have been trying to find both the upper and lower radiator hoses for my truck!!!! its all i need before i can fire my new engine up for the first time and start driving it again!!!! I NEED HELP!!! BEEN LOOKING FOR A WHOLE MONTH!!!

so, here's some essential info. 1970 c10. 350 sbc. long water pump. radiator with straight outlet on bottom ( not bent up). and i had to run a water neck that points forward instead of off to the side ( i am using a used performer intake and the previous owner decided to use an aluminum plug to plug up the passenger side heater inlet, and it basically welded itself to the intake, so i had to use the driver side one, but it sticks right up in the way of the angled neck, so straight neck it is.)

so, i need to know what molded hoses you guys have used for the bottom that would clear the frame without hitting it or rubbing on it or kinking, and also, if anyone knows what hose i can use for the top using a straight water neck. the old hose i had on it worked, but not well. it rested against the frame, and my air conditioning belt rubbed on it also.

part numbers would be great, and pictures as well if anyone has some.

btw, i have already tried the flex fit rubber hoses that look like accordians. they work, but look like crap.

help me out guys!!!!! HELP ME GET THIS THING FINALLY RUNNING!!!!!! I AM ALMOST THERE!!!!
edsplace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
firedog

Re: need help with lower and upper radiator hoses!!! cant find!

have you looked at lmc it is pretty helpful when it comes to visualizing things
Tach/tilt/buddy buckets
Bagged/18" Wheels
Black on Black

Project "Pandemic" the Farm Rat
1927 Chevy Capitol Truck Rat rod
'30 Model A Frame
Dual Carb 5.3 LS
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=804162

2007 GMC 4 DOOR 2WD
BUILT 5.3 STAGE 3 CAM 93 TUNE
LIFTED 22X12 WHEELS 33" TIRES

2023 Jeep RENEGADE
Wifes ride
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
edsplace89

Re: need help with lower and upper radiator hoses!!! cant find!

i have looked at a lot of stuff. but guess what!!!! i found a lower hose that fits perfectly!!!! anybody running a 350 motor with a long water pump and a straight outlet on their radiator......USE A LOWER RADIATOR HOSE FOR A 73 C10 1/2 TON PICK UP. IT WORKED PERFECTLY!!! CLEARED THE FRAME RAIL AND MADE PLENTY OF SPACE FOR MY AIR CONDITIONING BELT TO RUN!!!!

for the upper i have decided to go with a flexible braided hose. should look nifty and go in however i put it.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!! i can finally start my truck!!!!!! pictures will be posted soon of it.

by the way the part number for the lower hose is dayco E70735. got it from autozone.
edsplace89 is offline   Reply With Quote