The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
tfrenzel

hydraulic clutch set?

Is it possible to swap out the pedals /hydraulic clutch set out of little later truck into my 72? Which years will fit? Or how can I make them fit?
tfrenzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

Re: hydraulic clutch set?

I can't picture hydraulic clutch on 72 models. There is nothing wrond with the hyd. clutch system on these old trucks. it is simple to put kits in the cyls. & bleed them.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
jocko

Re: hydraulic clutch set?

I'd have to agree - first of all - why go hydraulic at all? GM bailed on the slave cyl approach in 62, then brought it back with hydraulic throwouts in recent years - but the mech setups work pretty darn reliably. If the issues is header clearance or perhaps just want a very light pedal, then I can understand. In either case - concur with Wrenchbuilder - if you want a hyd sys, add an aftermarket setup to your existing pdeals. Swapping pedals would be very difficult I believe - if not one-off custom work. The brace that they hang from would not likely fit newer model pedals - and the newer brace would not likely fit the cab of a 67-72.

Are you wanting to add a hyd clutch slave cyl (that actuates a manual release bearing) or are you wanting to add a hyd release bearing (like modern cars/trucks)? I assume the latter - and kits are available to do that.

What's your trans?
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote