The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
dragonmaster093

some odd ?'s

any one in tn know how hard will be to get a title for a truck from another state? the truck when between a few friends and some where along the lines title was lost and no one ever bothered to get a replacement title.
the reason ii ask is im trying to work`out a deal for a 64 or 65 chevy and same yr gmc thhe chevy is complete and little better body with rebuilt 283 with auto and gmc has fair body but no drive line. and i like the chevy front end better i was thinking of building one nice truck and selling off the other as parts /project if i can get a title.
next is there any options on these yrs that are more desireable.
also is there a cheap way to convert to disc brakes
dragonmaster093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

Re: some odd ?'s

I would check with your local dmv.
all the states have different policys..
here in mt, you can fill out for a "lost" title, and then you place a bond on the title, the bond works like this, if someone is found to still "own" the title, (which on this old stuff is almost never the case) then the bond kicks in , it is basically like buying an insurance policy for your title.

in a pinch you could use broadway title co, they register the vehicle in a title free state ,me. and al. I think, then sell the vehicle back to you, and then you register through the normal process....

again check with the dmv, and find out thier policys for titling.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
hugger6933

Like Jon said every state is different. I am a used car dealer in the state of confusion but also in Arkansas. The DMV DFA or whatever the state motor vehicle office is will help you in finding out what you may need. If you know the last title holder you might be able to get them to fill out a lost title application or a boned title may have to be the way. Some states around you [like AL] I think don't provide titles past like 74. So just talk to someone or first visit the state webpage and look thru the motor car downloadable forms
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Yep......

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=367260

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmaster093 View Post
any one in tn know how hard will be to get a title for a truck from another state? the truck when between a few friends and some where along the lines title was lost and no one ever bothered to get a replacement title.
the reason ii ask is im trying to work`out a deal for a 64 or 65 chevy and same yr gmc thhe chevy is complete and little better body with rebuilt 283 with auto and gmc has fair body but no drive line. and i like the chevy front end better i was thinking of building one nice truck and selling off the other as parts /project if i can get a title.
next is there any options on these yrs that are more desireable.
also is there a cheap way to convert to disc brakes
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote