The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #26
67swb72klb

Re: Project: 1965 Work Truck

looks like a fun work truck project
Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #27
50Delux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
What brand of bedliner did you use? Looks good to me.

I agree, you can't go wrong with TTD's
I used the duplicolor. Im not happy with it though. This morning when I went out to take a look at it I was pissed. Everyplace that wasnt flat it ran off. There were puddles on the floor pans. I dont know what Im going to do. I might put another coat on it and hopefully it will stick this time. I cleaned everything with a wire wheel on a grinder, used wax/grease remover, stirred the paint for 10 mins. I dont know what I did wrong?
50Delux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
McMurphy

Wow you floors look really good, sorry to hear the Duplicolor ran and puddled on you so bad, any chance you shot some pics of that?

Not that I like looking at train wrecks mind you, just curious to see what happened and why so I can avoid it.

I plan on using the Herculiner and rolling it on, another member here used that and it seemed to work great for him.

Sadly I am not on the same level as the fellas that use the Raptor stuff, some day maybe, but not this day.....

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #29
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Did you spray it over bare steel, or did you prime it first? You should have primer under the bedliner.....epoxy would be best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Delux View Post
I used the duplicolor. Im not happy with it though. This morning when I went out to take a look at it I was pissed. Everyplace that wasnt flat it ran off. There were puddles on the floor pans. I dont know what Im going to do. I might put another coat on it and hopefully it will stick this time. I cleaned everything with a wire wheel on a grinder, used wax/grease remover, stirred the paint for 10 mins. I dont know what I did wrong?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #30
c.brown

nice progress on the truck had that same air cleaner saved intill i decided to go fuel injected
Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
50Delux

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone. I called duplicolor and talked to them about the bedliner. Since I sell this product in the auto parts store I work for I wanted to make sure this wouldnt happen to a customer. They told me they would warranty it ao I got another gallon and took it to a paint store and had them shake it. Im going to recoat it this week and before I do it I will have it shook up again. I did manage to go junkyard diving and found a seat, its pretty nice but the steering wheel is so big it makes it hard to get my leg between the wheel and seat. So I ordered a new wheel. I also got the motor droped in. Heres a few pictures, not the greatest. I used my phone.

50Delux is offline   Reply With Quote