The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

so sick

saw a 60-66 fleet tail gate on the top of what I thought was a car hauler coming towards me, when it passed I saw it was 2 456's stacked on top of each other on the back of a flat bed truck.....
the one on top was a gmc bbw with deluxe trim, and a chrome front bumper and grille, the lower was a deluxe 456 with an aluminum grille, both were missing hoods(probably in the box), and they were headed in to our trusty scrapper; probably a $400 haul for that guy... both looked pretty straight (but passing the opposite direction at 60mph who knows?) sure wish I could find this stuff before these scrappers do.
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

Re: so sick

That is sickening Jon!! You should have chased him down, and bought some parts!

1960 GMC 4x4 Babe (the Blue Ox) - Build Thread
chevy_man5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

fwiw a friend used to leave his card with some of the "junkers". They'd call him, cuz he'd pick the stuff up and pay a few bucks more.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
66swb327

I was driving down highway 2 near Shelby MT last weekend on my way to the swap meet in Great Falls and saw a few crushed 60-66's also. Your right. It is sick
66swb327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Goat herder

It kills us on the east coast to here these stories. We dont have old vehicles laying around to scrap anymore. Everything has been gone for a long time. We would never even think about scrapping sheet metal unless it was really rusty. I vacation most years in Id, and Wa and cant belive how much solid metal is just sitting around. What really sucks is your economy out there is still in the ****ter, and I cant blame you for trying to make extra bucks by scrapping. Our economy really hasnt been affected too much, but its still too expensive to ship stuff cross county to try and save stuff from being scrapped. I sometime wish you guys could see how dry the old vehilce pool is out here. You'd probably take a second thought about scrapping old iron. It will eventually dry up out there too.
Goat herder is offline   Reply With Quote