The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
GMtrucknut!!

New master cylinder blues!!

I recently finished installing my TCI mustang II frontend in my 55 series II. While doing this I also decided to upgrade to power brakes so I ordered a frame mounted CPP master cylinder kit complete after meticulously bending all my brake lines to keep it all looking great I went to bleed the system tonight and low and behold brake fluid gushed from the proportioning valve as I checked the lines to be sure I didn't leave one loose it became apparent that the valve itself was leaking. I have called CPP and they have told me that they would send a new valve to me . I guess we will find out how good their customer service is!
GMtrucknut!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
GMtrucknut!!

Re: New master cylinder blues!!

Well after dealing with two separate reps from Classic performance products I still have not got my problem resolved. They wish to send me a kit to repair the valve which is leaking from both ends! The repair kit will only fix valves that leak from the front of the valve,therefore I am still without brakes!!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Wrenchbender Ret

That sure lowers my respect for CPP. It seems if the valvre is leaking they should shoot you a new one right off the bat.
Wrenchbender Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
OrrieG

Why should you fix their defective product? Might not be a seal. You take it apart and find its a bad rod or casting. Tell them about it and now its your fault because you damaged it when you took it apart. I've been down that road before with appliances.

Doesn't anyone from CCP check out these forums to see how they are being discussed?
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
55Cameo

I had a similar problems with the valves as well. Leaking at ends. I end up finding out it was my fault because i did not flare the right ends on my lines to go into the valves.

You might wanna double check that just in case too
Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
GMtrucknut!!

My lines have already been checked, in fact I have had the same double flaring tool since the 70's so I bought a new one so that no small burrs could possibly be in the line.I think that they got my money and they are a big company who with all the advertisements in various publications can tick off one of every 50 customers and can get by.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
GMtrucknut!!

Well I finally got the new valve installed and I now have brakes . The big question is how long now will I have to wait to get my refund from CPP for the valve I had to purchase to fix my brakes.....