The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #26
Matt R

Re: convince her! Bags over static drop

I wouldnt let her drive my Truck or Chevelle!!! ;~)
Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #27
502ms

I'm sorry, it seems like you did. Thanks for the appreciation. It's not an easy button to me, I have always wanted at least one vehicle on air, so I did it to my truck. Cool rig...that is very nice. Congrats on your 3M miles. Imagine that without air ride.

I agree with the pro air comments about adjustability and easy loading capabilities. I still use my truck like a truck, and if it is just me at Home Depot or Summit Racing or home with the wife, I can lay the truck on the ground and load it much easier. Ok, you can call it an easy button...but I love my truck, and drive it more than all of my BMWs combined...the cool factor does not get old...I can't go anywhere without someone starting a conversation or asking to buy it. Real talk.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #28
brans72

to the top need more input guys!
brans72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #29
belowme51

bag it....put some adjustable shocks for load an accuair set up with elevel...she can have her own ride height number and so can you....so she can have #1 and that will be a little lower than ride height, you can play with the rest....load can be helped with the shocks that are adjustable for compression and rebound. Semi trucks use bags, they are tuff when done right. Porterbuilt is the right way to go for the parts as well. I would do the mild drop if you dont want to modify the bed much. go for the big notch if you want to be on the ground. but you have to raise the bed floor or have a wheel/tire and notch cover, there is a blue stepside on here that would be a happy median.
belowme51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #30
dznucks

I sold my wife on bags by telling her about the load carrying capability. Furniture, Dirt, Gravel, new kitchen cabinets, etc. etc. Damn, have i been busy since I installed them.

My system lifts a 3500lb load yard of dirt or gravel, like it was an empty bed. Most I ever carried was 4200 lbs of landscaping stone, not that I encourage that or would ever do it again.
dznucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #31
502ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznucks View Post
I sold my wife on bags by telling her about the load carrying capability. Furniture, Dirt, Gravel, new kitchen cabinets, etc. etc. Damn, have i been busy since I installed them.

My system lifts a 3500lb load yard of dirt or gravel, like it was an empty bed. Most I ever carried was 4200 lbs of landscaping stone, not that I encourage that or would ever do it again.
Do you have pics of your truck? Would be good to have another bagged c10 at Caffeine Octane next month
Posted via Mobile Device