The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
GRIMACE 65

best spot to buy a lowering kit?

Where's the best place to get a lowering kit for my 65 burban? I've checked lmc , Orange county truck shop and CPP. Iwant to go as low as I can without buying spindles most likely a 3/4 . I wanna get the best bang for my buck
Posted via Mobile Device
GRIMACE 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Pro Performance

Re: best spot to buy a lowering kit?

I would suggest Pro Performance!

Give us a call and we can go over your options as for lowering your suburban. You might be able to use the Hotchkis 4" drop coil up front, which will get you down pretty low in front.

If I may ask, how come you want to avoid a drop spindle in front? Is it due to budget? Only because, the drop spindle will be the best way without sacrificing ride quality and your front end geometry.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
scottofksu

Re: best spot to buy a lowering kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
I would suggest Pro Performance!

Give us a call and we can go over your options as for lowering your suburban. You might be able to use the Hotchkis 4" drop coil up front, which will get you down pretty low in front.

If I may ask, how come you want to avoid a drop spindle in front? Is it due to budget? Only because, the drop spindle will be the best way without sacrificing ride quality and your front end geometry.
X2

Why not go 2" drop spindle and 1" drop spring? I know the spindles are more expensive than the springs, but I think you'll be much happier with how it rides. Personally, I'm getting the drop spindle; saving some more $ and then getting the spring. It'd be much more expensive to spend $100+ on 3" drop springs only to have to replace them when you find that it rides way to harsh and exhibits a high degree of under-steer in the corners. Just my to cents! )