The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
NewAge1970

Any turbo kits? 70 gmc

Does anyone know of any turbo kits that are bolt on for these trucks? i dont want to have to customize one myself. I am leaving for boot camp in two days, will have some extra cash on me after a while and will be giving my truck over to a friend for a turbo upgrade on the aluminumheaded sbc, and he wants a bolt on kit to tune and install for me. any suggestions on a good bolt on kit??

'70 GMC C10 2wd. 2.02 aluminum heads. TH400 trans. 450WHP
'04 Nissan 350z DD, Twin Turbo, 600whp, drag beast!
NewAge1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
sir_talk_alot

Re: Any turbo kits? 70 gmc

i dont think ive seen one before, the few that ive seen on old carb'd engines are custom. And just curiousity, why turbo? this is just my opinion, but turbos are for riceburners and diesels. Supercharger isnt much more, sounds beastly, good power, and if you dont like the big setup on top, which not all of them come through the hood, but your could look at progressive, something like that name, they are supercharger that sorta looks like a turbo but without all the extra garbage like intercoolers. They mount like the altetnator, belt drive. Just remember simplicity helps, you start fighting all the ad on stuff, it clogs up the bay, and more to break. Turbos work off exhaust and our trucks and any v8 have exhaust on either side, so thats more hassle, more work, more to replace when broken. By no means am i bashing or shooting your idea, its just something to think about. My opinion if we went back to super vs turbo, a whine with v8 growl sounds meaner than a whistle. Just my 2cents.
Posted via Mobile Device

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote