The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Wvgearhead

Airbag hits upper balljoint? Anybody have this prob?

I noticed after finally plumbing the air lines in and airing up the bags, the front a-arm lays down against the air bag and rubs when fully extended. I have a tci mustang ii but replaced the firestones that came with it with airlift dominator 2500 due to the port size being small and not matching the rest of my setup. Anybody else have this problem? What did you end up doing? The truck is a 53.
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Wvgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
parkwood

Re: Airbag hits upper balljoint? Anybody have this prob?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvgearhead View Post
I noticed after finally plumbing the air lines in and airing up the bags, the front a-arm lays down against the air bag and rubs when fully extended. I have a tci mustang ii but replaced the firestones that came with it with airlift dominator 2500 due to the port size being small and not matching the rest of my setup. Anybody else have this problem? What did you end up doing? The truck is a 53.
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Looking at a picture of the 2500 dominator i would say that the bag is to big for the TCI kit... I've installed a number of these and never had a problem using the bag that came with the kit... you should have just put a bushing in the port that would have made it match your set up... just so you know you can't have anything touch those bags or it will be a bad trip...
parkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
mr48chev

I don't do nor am a fan of bags but would have to think that Parkwood is 100% correct in that the normal thing to have done was use a reducer busing on the other bags that came with the kit.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Wvgearhead

Thanks, i was worried the fill and dump rate would be different from the small port firestones to the 1/2 air dominators. Making for awkward adjustments between front and back. I read somewhere the slam specialties 6" 2500 is a compact bag. Any experience with that air bag?
Posted via Mobile Device
Wvgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
mknittle

If the bag is rubbing on anything yo will get a fast dump!

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Scottshotrods

You can install a ss-6 slam bag in your Tci set up and this will solve your problems you are having for sure.They are a 1/2 port and they do not expand in diam as they air up at all.The best thing about them is they have a internal bump stop in the bag.On top of the that we have over 100 ss-6 in stock and have great prices for all of the MEMBERS on this site.

If you would like to get some call us at the shop and we will take care of you for sure.You can reach us at (805)485-0382

Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote