The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
centralchevyman

What is it worth?

I was wondering what a big back window is worth that is cut out of a cab with the inner panel? for a task force truck

Last edited by centralchevyman; 06-14-2012 at 10:49 PM.
centralchevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
Rude Dude

Re: What is it worth?

I have seen them the cut out parts as low as $200 to high as $400. I have seen the whole big window cabs range from the same price here in the west on craigslist. Depending what part of the US and how much prone to rust in the area will determine what you are going to pay in most cases.
Rude Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
mr48chev

Re: What is it worth?

It also depends on if you are buying or selling.

As Rude Dude said and it's just the same as real estate or sex "location location location. In the west or south west the price probably about half of what the same piece in the same condition would be in the North East or most rust belt states.

About three years ago I sold a fairly rusty 67 GMC big window with a presentable chrome grill and bumper that would run with about an hour's tinkering (it had a 283 and power glide swapped in) for 350.00 to a guy who bought it for parts. It did have a clear Washington title too. The main reason he bought it was for the big back window and tinted glass.

If you are selling ask slightly on the high side so you have some bargaining room and if you are bargaining make the offer slightly on the low side with cash in hand. then you get to negotiate.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote