The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #26
jocko

Re: 71 Cheyenne on Trucks!

I'm looking forward to the LS swap as well - maybe they'll just re-has the one Lou put in the granny Nova...

Obtw, I noticed next week is already back to re-runs again! Cripes!!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #27
cubber

Why can't I ever find stuff like that in a car lot??? I'd like to know what they paid for it. Funny how they say they're gonna do a build that a guy could do at home in his own shop, and then spend 5k on suspension, 10k on motor, and put a high dollar paint job on it. They had a guy on there a month or two ago that was supposed to be a big hot rod builder from the area, but all he does is call people who do the work, and spend his daddy's money. Jeez, I sound bitter!!
I guess I just wish they would do a show about some of these guys- and this site is full of them- who are building incredible vehicles on a limited budget purely from ingenuity and determination. Sorry, a little wound up tonight. Just got my "69 short stepside runnin this week!!!
cubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #28
Bennett68C10

I always tell my Wife as I'm watching this show that I wish I had their budget. Hell I wish I could send them mine to finish. Can't wait to see the ls install and what other mods they do to it. I actually hope they don't do a budget build cause I would like to see what they can do to this truck with an unlimited budget.
Posted via Mobile Device

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

I'm not sure I would change much on that truck at all. I love the stock rallies they kept bagging on. I'd add fuel injection and an overdrive to get the gas mileage up, and change to a more street friendly converter, tie up loose ends and call it done, but of course that wouldn't make for a TV project vehicle would it?
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #30
JVictor75
Maintenance Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubber View Post
Why can't I ever find stuff like that in a car lot??? I'd like to know what they paid for it. Funny how they say they're gonna do a build that a guy could do at home in his own shop, and then spend 5k on suspension, 10k on motor, and put a high dollar paint job on it. They had a guy on there a month or two ago that was supposed to be a big hot rod builder from the area, but all he does is call people who do the work, and spend his daddy's money. Jeez, I sound bitter!!
I guess I just wish they would do a show about some of these guys- and this site is full of them- who are building incredible vehicles on a limited budget purely from ingenuity and determination. Sorry, a little wound up tonight. Just got my "69 short stepside runnin this week!!!
You don't sound bitter, you sound like you live in the real world.

I love watching those shows as much as the next guy, but I hate the godawful waste of money too. None of them show actual restoration work anymore - no getting OEM bumpers replated, no original engine rebuilds, no actual rust repair, etc. No instead we're treated with "well the bolts holding these pristine OEM bumpers on this classic Mustang are a little stuck, so we're going to use the die grinder on the bumper bolt heads. We can always get free new bumpers/sheetmetal from Classic Industries or The Paddock when we need them."

I quit watching the Powerblock a few months ago now, when I saw Ian (on 4x4 or whatever it is called) have an episode supposedly centered around what a guy could do in a home shop with a few buddies. He actually said the words "So I'm only going to use tools that are available to and can reasonably expect the average home DIY mechanic to have."

Then the camera pans to his work area: Climate controlled, large professional grade chassis lift, $30K in hand tools, ARC/MIG/TIG welder, plasma cutter, and hydraulic tube bender.

I then looked outside and saw my work area. Bare dirt, dog ****, 90 Fahrenheit at 9 am, 104 Fahrenheit at 9 pm in the summer. My toolbox is the big box set from Craftsman, and I count myself lucky that I have work lights and shade. The list goes on, you get the idea.

The shows are fun to watch, but I noticed that I was spending an awful long amount of time watching the show instead of doing the wrenching needed to get my project going.

Haven't watched in 3 or 4 months now (cancelled cable tv) and haven't looked back. My initial shipment of parts and supplies from CPP is due in by either next weekend or the weekend after.
JVictor75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #31
MattPSU

Does anyone know what the steering wheel on this truck is from? I've seen a number of 3 spoke wheels like this, but not a 4 spoke.
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #32
Lifetime Project 72

Hey guys!
Watching Stacy David build Copperhead several years ago was very educational to me cuz he built it from the frame up.It was an over the top build from suspension,the 572,Gear Vendors Overdrive,brand new box,body and paint.It was a fun project to watch getting built and I got much info out of it.
I just hope they don`t go crazy on this 71.The suspension and brakes,overdrive tranny perhaps,as well as the LS swap is basically all it needs.
Powerblock does get annoying though.Except Courtney!The way they bounce from one project to the next.From new shows one week to reruns the next.I`m interested in that 69 Olds on Musclecar,but its a rerun show next week on how to paint.
Chris
Lifetime Project 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #33
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPSU View Post
Does anyone know what the steering wheel on this truck is from? I've seen a number of 3 spoke wheels like this, but not a 4 spoke.
I don't know where it's from but for some reason I see them on so many of our trucks. The guy that sells some nice 67-72 restos in PA seems to have a few of these wheels on his trucks. I prefer the 3-spoke to the 4, and I prefer the factory 2-spoke to the 3... But still all nice wheels.
Here's a pic of one from Westchester PA (connors motors) - and I posted the link to the truck - maybe the seller can help you ID it. http://www.connorsmotorcar.com/72Ochre.html (and I noticed the price has gone up $1K also...)
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote