The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
satch17

problems selling truck maybe part out?

ive been trying to sell this truck for 7 months now

i seem to have someone over every now and then but they either dont have the money after the joyride, or, well, thats about it. so maybe people are more interested in building there own as opposed to buying one already done. so im thinking about pulling the drive line and selling that separately and then who ever buys the motorless truck can put what they want in there and who ever gets the motor puts it in whatever there building. i just want to move onto my next toy and ive never had this kind of problem selling a vehicle before. ive been on pretty much everyweb site i can think off. and have had the vehicle appraised so everyone knows its not junk, and one of my friends suggested selling it at a higher price because maybe people think its some kind of scam, and that didnt work. any ideas how to get this out of my garage?

Last edited by gcburdic; 06-27-2012 at 10:15 AM.
satch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
67c10rustbuket

Re: problems selling truck maybe part out?

Wow ! nice truck.

Don't part that out, maybe try fEebay? or subscribe here and advertise it for sale in the classifieds on this site. There is a lot of traffic on here and a lot of people always looking for complete trucks. Again that is a very nice truck, please do not part it.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
LEX

Welcome to the board.

Since you're open to suggestions, I'd probably sell the current seat and put in a factory bench, steering wheel and I'd might even sell the wheels and mount up some steelies w/ GMC poverty caps. I'm not picking your truck apart, because I think it's a great looking truck as is. It'll just look a lot less "modified" and would help with the sale, IMO. Good luck!
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
big_al_71

Seems like a prety good truck and not priced too high....

Believe it or not pictures make a difference take some artsy picts and advertise it in craigslist, here on the board, ebay,

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
satch17

thanks for the quick replys. and lex you are describing exactly what i was thinking of doing in the first place when i bought it. those rims are terrible, and i would really like to replace them with torque thrust 17" front 18" rear. and after seeing stacy davids copperhead i was thinking of the c5 corvette seats myself, and as for the steering wheel, it is just awful, the brand name is "lazer" right out of the '80s haha. you should have seen the stick on hood scoops and vinyl "502" stickers that was on it when i bought it too.

anyway, doing these mods sure would make it right, but i dont see myself getting my money out of it if i invested in those things. thats a part of the reason for the low price, so some one will have the money left over to get the finishing touches exactly what they want.

and im currently on ebay, modified car trader, craigslist, classic car trader net, cars-on-line. and in the past many more. and most of these have been for the full 7 months. i just had to get a 67-72 truck and now its out of my system. i know i dont have a high enough post count to put my truck on here and when i went to see if i could just pay for it i had problems getting it to work, ill try again today though. ive had about 25 cars so far in my life and just last year i sold a bmw through craigslist in literally 18 minutes of posting it. and now this, ugh
Old 06-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
Shyguy

Any more when my son sells trucks he doesn't spend a lot of money on wheels and tires because it seems whoever buys the trucks always wants to change the wheels and tires. Normally he puts rally wheels on.

Good luck selling your truck.

Selling stuff is kind of hit and miss right now, but like said good pictures and advertising in different places helps. My son normally advertises in larger cities besides locally.
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

May I make a suggestion....why not subscribe to this truck forum, where you have a focus audience of truck lovers??....Lots of visitors vist this site too, so your exposure maybe national even international....Let me know if I can help!

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Welcome to the forum satch17. I agree that adding the cost of new seats, steering wheel, etc might be too much. If you buy and sell a lot, you already know that deep rubber sells a car. Those retro 80's wheels are going to turn off potential buyers even though they know they can change them.

I would try to sell the wheels and add a set of low cost replacements such as Showwheels, Coys, etc. Your current price is fair, but your pics don't offer a lot of detail.

As mentioned you must be a supporting member to post classified item. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
satch17

ok then, im officially subscribed to this forum and have posted my truck, and on a side note i have now spent over $1,000 in advertising to sell this truck.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
speedfreak369

Pic?
Posted via Mobile Device

1967 c10 fleetside 350/350 trans (my baby)
speedfreak369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
67swb72klb

welcome to the site i have looked at the truck on c/l looks very well built
the market realy seems soft around here good luck with the sale
some different wheels might help rallys?? they are cheap to try
Old 06-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
satch17

thank you for all the suggestions. i do have my truck listed up here now and maybe ill just start looking for good deals on wheels, and other things that arnt that attractive about the truck in the mean time and just add to it until it sells
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #13
srea76

good luck on sale. Nice truck!

Red Baron-72 c10 Project
srea76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch17 View Post
ok then, im officially subscribed to this forum and have posted my truck, and on a side note i have now spent over $1,000 in advertising to sell this truck.
Many thanks for subscribing....many will tell you that it's money well spent!!!

here's his for sale thread for those looking!!! Good Luck with your sell...I'm actually in the same boat as you.....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...h-502ci&cat=12

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
cleszkie

That's a very nice looking truck, and a seemingly decent price. But I will tell you as a person who has bought several classic cars and trucks in the past from around the country that the word "Michigan" in an add tends to make me gun shy. I passed up a fully restored 1964 GTO that was from Michigan and ended up buying another equally nice GTO (for more money) out of New Mexico. I have nothing against the state, but it is a misconception that everthing up there is loaded with rust, or has had extensive work to repair/cover up rust issues. As stupid as it sounds, if you posted that exact same add and it was from Arizona or California, that truck would probably be sold by now. Just my $0.02.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
satch17

I totally didnt think of that, its been in texas its whole life until i had it shipped up here, i think ill add that to the description. Thank you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
satch17

I just saw the link you posted for me gcburdic, thank you good sir. Gorgeous truck by the way
Posted via Mobile Device