The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
AndyM

What are your views on this?

Hey everyone, I'm new here, looking some advice on a purchase im looking to make.
Here is the link,

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ391052096

What are some pointers I should know, what should I look for when I go have a look at it. How reliable are they as a daily driver?

Any information would be great.
Thanks
AndyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: What are your views on this?

-
Looks like a really nice burb. The most important thing if it spent all of it's life in Canada would be to check it over close for rust. Take a piece of cardboard big enough to lay on and a good strong light and crawl under it. Check all of the body mounts, floor boards, cross braces, and spare tire well for rust. Also check around the top of the firewall under the hood and all around the windshield inside and out. I'm sure others will chime in with other tips of things to look for but it may be a bit. This board doesn't get as much traffic as some of the others.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
AndyM

Thanks for the info. What do you think the value would roughly be? Im doing as much research as I can, but vintage trucks are new to me. The only truck I owned before was a 1999 Chevy Burban. That truck is what makes me want to get back into a Burb.

Thanks again
Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
71swb4x4

That's a lot of money for the average Suburban, not a lot of money for a top notch suburban. We can't tell which one it is by the pictures.
Are you close enough to look the suburban over yourself? If you are, take a lot of pictures and post them on this board. We will help you determine if it's worth it or not.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #5
rockc

If you had more closer up pic's we could tell you a little more about its value.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Take a small magnet with you.The business card type that goes on the refrigerator.It will help you spot bondo in the body/Look all over the bottom,the trailing arms,the crossmembers.If you can take a firend with you,someone either knowledgeable or that isn't in love with the truck.Have them shine the light around in the interior floor and look for it from underneath.Look at the wiring and connectors everywhere.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
AndyM

I really appreciate the help. Im going to have a look at it on Sunday, ill take lots of pics. The price isnt 10K, he said 8K, so im sure that price is negotiable also. While I do like the truck, im not one to make purchase without knowing all the information I can get, so I hopefully wont make any rash decisions.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
vectorit
What?

I seem to remember this, and I think it was member "Already Gone" looking at it.

You may want to hit him up, and see what he thought since he may have looked at it and passed on it for some reason.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
Average Joe

Looks like a nice rig. Like others have said and you probably know already rust is the biggest mennace out there. That said you may want to factor in the price that upgrades will cost. Have front disk brakes been added yet? Will you be happy with a 2 speed slip n slide tranny? Have sway bars been added? Will you be happy with the paint color/combo? ( i love it! ) The advantage of buying a completed/restored 'Burb like this is that you like the previous owners choices and will not have to spend big money making it your own. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and keep us posted!
Average Joe is offline   Reply With Quote