The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
68steppsidee

So Stressed

Ive been restoring/bagging my 68 stepside. i had it all together running for a few months but never moved out of the garage. Once i did it lost oil pressure and i tore it back down. Still gotta get a crank kit so i was going to finish my brakes up bleed the reman master cylinder and then of coarse no bolts to put it back on with. Same with the calipers.. Does anyone have this prob...
68steppsidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: So Stressed

Of course. If it was easy you would see retored trucks around every corner.

What you need are some small victories. Take a task at a time and see it through to the end, even if it means a trip to town to get that last missing bolt.

Get it road worthy before you tackle any other parts of your build. Once you can drive it, tearing a small part down for a weekend project is much more fun.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
So.Cal.Super
It'll Buff Out!

Zip lock bags and a sharpie can be your best friend. Also I take a ton of pictures.... And in the end I still lose bolts and can't remember how things go back together. Thats why I love this place!

Like 71swb4x4 said. Try one thing at a time from start to finish. Even small you feel great when its done.

Become a Supporting Member
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

Man Card Rules
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634550

72 Chevy Cheyenne Super 400 LWB
So.Cal.Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Of course. If it was easy you would see retored trucks around every corner.

What you need are some small victories. Take a task at a time and see it through to the end, even if it means a trip to town to get that last missing bolt.

Get it road worthy before you tackle any other parts of your build. Once you can drive it, tearing a small part down for a weekend project is much more fun.
I would say spot on... It's the little victories that keeps us going.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #5
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saa View Post
I'm lucky to remember my name, some days. saa.
I have a system for that,I look in the mirror and at my DL.If the pictures match I can read the name on my DL.So far I've been lucky and they've matched,though I have had to comb my hair and wash my face a few times to be sure.I just always wonder if this is who I started out being.......

Don't even get me started trying to remember where parts is,it's hot and muggy in the garage.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
jmdemon55

i feel your pain, dad bought the truck we are working on 3 years ago,tore it all apart without me,didnt bag&tag anything and lost interest. now that i have gotten him interested in it again we spend ALOT of time searching thru his garage/shed/cabinets/totes/boxes etc etc etc looking for all the bits and pieces! he is getting older and i often hear i dont remember? but i will agree that it is the little victories that make it all worthwhile and keep us going no matter how frustrating it can be at times. heck we got the gas tank and new sender reinstalled today and to see the gas gauge move for the first time was like a breath of fresh air! breath in, breath out! lol!
jmdemon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
68steppsidee

yeah i zip lock bag and write what it is most of the time but its one of those well its right there i can see it then next thing you know its not there and its been several weeks and your completly lost. but thanks small victories are great i know i went to pull a part and got what i needed
68steppsidee is offline   Reply With Quote