The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
Premium72

grumpy's Pheonix.

anybody know anything about this shop? im here in phx saw it as i drove by. good bad ugley? let me know. thanx. w.

oh an so-cal speed shop ROCKS YOUR SOCKS OFF!!..
Premium72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
QKENUF4U

Re: grumpy's Pheonix.

little more expensive than RICKS but on my side of town (mile or so away) never had a problem with them myself. bought couple small items from them so far.
QKENUF4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
Fastfun

I have used them for a few items , good people a little high but not bad. You should check out RB's on the west side of town in Glendale.
Fastfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Premium72

if anyone has links or dirrections to anyother spots in PHX..email em....
urbanlayers01@aol.com

thanx. w.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

i agree with the above, the're a place to get some stuff but you can buy all the same stuff at ricks pickup parts for alot cheaper. he is located in mesa.. good luck
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
mrein3

I was sentenced to er I mean I had to work in Phoenix back in 1999 for about 3 months. Grumpy's was between my extended stay hotel and where I had to work.

I would have to agree with other's comments. They are a bit higher than other places but taking into account you don't need to pay shipping they may be just as cheap as others.

I "shipped" quite a few small items from there to here in my suitcase.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
desertlobo

Where's Rick's at I live about a mile from grumpy's and bought a few things there wasn't bad.
desertlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
QKENUF4U

lobo, ricks over in mesa. ive called a few times but never got to talk to him, guess hes a busy guy. i live about a mile away from grumpys to so its just easier for me to pay the extra few bucks and have it that day in an hours time. look on ebay and youll find some parts that rick sells.

Last edited by QKENUF4U; 04-30-2006 at 01:08 PM.
QKENUF4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
desertlobo

QKENUF4U I live about 3 blocks from you, I've seen your truck out, mines in the garage because my son sanded it down to metal and I don't want it out in the weather.
desertlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #10
SufferInTruth

Unfortunately, when I was in high school (graduated in '04), I wasn't treated very kindly the many times I stopped there to buy parts for my '71. It barely seemed like they wanted my business (spent nearly nearly $600 in two months there). They do have a good selection of parts though and has a fairly convenient location for the folks in Glendale like myself.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #11
pharcydekm

I have purchased most of my stuff at Ricks. Heck of a nice guy when you catch him long enough to talk. He is always running. Worth the drive though he always has some cool stuff he is working on. Prices are good and he is honest. I have only been to Grumpies a few times but they do seem to be a bit higher. I may be partial though since I live on the east side LOL. Anyway Rick is a good guyt o do business with. He hits most of the big local shows too.
pharcydekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #12
redneckdds

I go to ricks almost weekly now for odds and ends, etc... he has a few vehicles there he works on that you can look at for help, if you need to. It was really helped out being so close to his shop... BUT, with gas at $3.00/gal you might be better off stayin on the west side. Ricks is on Lindsay and US60.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #13
BowTieMan

I have used grumpy's but heared that arrowhead truck parts is cheaper. Still havn't gone over to them yet.
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
BowTieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 AM   #14
JRB

I believe there is a reason they call the place (grumpy's). I had a similar experience as (Sufferintruth). Customer service is not doing the customer its helping them. I would rather pay a little more and not put up with crap. I have been there a few times to buy parts for my 64 and just the (what do you want attitude) is worth the shipping I have paid since.
JRB

Last edited by JRB; 05-01-2006 at 06:46 AM.
JRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #15
70rs/ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB
I believe there is a reason they call the place (grumpy's). I had a similar experience as (Sufferintruth). Customer service is not doing the customer its helping them. I would rather pay a little more and not put up with crap. I have been there a few times to buy parts for my 64 and just the (what do you want attitude) is worth the shipping I have paid since.
JRB

Shipping is shipping, but Rick's and Wes are the only two I would deal with as they are on the western side of my world. Can't speak for any other vendors, as I have never used them, but AVOID Grumpy's as the name implies! Rick lnows his stuff and works with you, plus he has built a thousand or so of these trucks, Blazers, etc so he knows his chit too!
70rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:16 AM   #16
BowTieMan

Well I mad a trip to arrowhead truck parts and I was pleased with them. I called just to find the hours and the guy was helpful over the phone and asked what part I needed and told me he was out and that autozone would still have it. I stoped in any way and there wasn't much of a show room but there prices where better then grupmy's. So It looks like that are going to be getting more of my buisness.

They are located at 78th ave. and olive.
"A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo
BowTieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:47 AM   #17
Premium72

so anyone like so-cal speed shop..they got alot of parts for these trucks an a lot of lil custom lil parts for this an that. i love that spot.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #18
carboncrew

I know this is an old thread but I have to agree with some other members. I think its called Grumpy's for a reason. I've walked in there 3 times with my wallet wide open and walked out with very little. I've spent almost $2500 with other suppliers online since then. It's too bad too, I like looking at what I'm buying and would like to keep my $$ local.
carboncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
desertnick69

I live w/in 5 miles of Grumpy's and have used them for a few hundered dollars in parts. Havn't had any problems except when it comes to 3/4 ton parts, some 3/4 ton parts are just a bit differnent and trhey don't handle any of them kind of parts, other wise Grumpy's is OK>
desertnick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #20
cpetersen

I use them from time to time. They are on the otherside of town. Nice people.
cpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote