The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
RCbowtie69

Re: Oops I did it again

Very NICE!!!!!!!!Keep on Truckin'
Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #27
JHT67

Quote:
Originally Posted by texnician01 View Post
You wouldn't be interested in parting with those west coast style mirrors in the back would you?

Haven't really even looked at them, heck I don't even know which ones are west coast style, let me know which ones they are, and I'll check'em out and let ya know.
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
JHT67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #28
JHT67

I'm interested in learning a little more about my truck, to maybe help decide what to do and/or not do. For instance this thing has 3 gas tanks 1 in the cab(normal) and 2 in the bed(odd). The necks poking out of each side of the bed are ugly and I'll never use 3 tanks, but I don't know a ton about these trucks and I've never seen it before, is it some kind of option and are they worth leaving? Anything else I can learn about custom camper trucks would not only be helpful, but obviously fun, so any direction I can be led for info would be great.
Going through life's daily grind, I can feel the effects of this physical body's fleeting days, But with a young spirit I look toward a brighter day, knowing that in the eyes of eternity, I am but a babe in the arms of my Lord.........
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 AM   #29
midniteblues

I would drive the wheels off that truck (by the looks of the tires you allmost did) I'm surprized they made it that far! luck must be on your side
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #30
SS Tim

John asked for my help with the paint code on his truck. Seems he wasn't having any luck finding it. Well I didn't either at first. So I've decided to post it here and keep the info together.
First off the paint code is 536 and it turns out to be a one year only color combination. The code was used prior to and after '67 but they were different shades or colors.
When I started looking it wasn't listed in my parts manual as a '67 code. So thoughts of typo ran through my head. But my '67 PPG reference listed it in the interior reference section (with Fawn but not Blue trim) so I looked some more. Acme had the code and the colors we we were looking for on a '67 card.
Turns out that the code 536 breaks down to 511 Dark Aqua Met.#2 and 526 Ivory. The same code and similar color comb was used in '66. However the code nor color 511 reappeared in '68. Funny thing is I was convinced that the truck was dark blue that had faded. Goes to prove that working the numbers can make a difference. BTW: John those tanks were a period aftermarket setup. But for obvious reasons the under bed mounted tanks became much more popular.
Attached Images

SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #31
67chevy1series

nice info! the driver fender on my truck was this color from the factory, i love this color blue!
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #32
JHT67

WOW!! Tim that is way more info than I expected, thank you so much for your time and effort, there is not a chance I would have ever found any of that out myself.

No better people on any other site, and good luck finding any as good.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #33
70cst

Hey JHT67 ...

I agree that is one sweet ride and it looks to be very solid. I agree that is no Ohio truck. Congrats

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote