The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
rossboss

fairchild weatherstrip review?

I need the beltline anti-rattle stips on both doors and was looking for something with some quality. The reviews I've read on fairchilds weatherstrip have been mostly good but the bad ones have been really bad. Has anyone used this product and what are your thoughts. Has anyone used anouther product that they thought was exceptional. I know that LMC sell them but I'm not a big LMC fan. Has anyone bought just the beltline anti-rattle from steel rubber. Any thoughts on any of the above products would be appriciated.
rossboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
bosephus

Re: fairchild weatherstrip review?

I haven't installed my STEELE anti rattle bars yet but they look like quality pieces. I have installed the vent window seals and division bars( kneeknocker cab) and was very pleased with the quality and fitment. All the holes were in the right places and seemed to be an exact replica of the original. Pricey but well worth it.(usually have to pay for quality) just my .02
Posted via Mobile Device
bosephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
tincan1966

Re: fairchild weatherstrip review?

I went the cheap route from LMC on another vehicle, and bought a windshield seal from them. Will never buy weatherstripping of any kind again from them. Was very low quality(which was evident by price) Actually the seal was too small, barely stretching around the windshield.
Been using Steele products ever since, like the quality. I know there are other very good products out there, too.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote