The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
dojo

Now I have 2 LMC Grills!!!

Maybe you guy's can please help me out. I was *****in the other day about my new LMC grill that they sent me and I thought it was dented. On the very top, on both sides there are 3 little "dents" on it. They would be right in front of the core support on top, very visable when the hood is open and you look down. Well, LMC was gracious enough to send me a brand new one today, didn't even ask for the old, "other new one" back, hell, I still got it. Well the new one is the same way, 3 little dents on top on both sides, like casting dents. I checked out some pics on here of engine bays, and I think I seen that some of the rebuilds are the same way. I guess my question is, Is this the norm??? Hate to spend couple years and a ton of $$$$ on a very nice project and have a dented grill. By the way, these are $899 on LMC. If, this is normal, I think I will do the right thing and send one of them back to them. What do you all think??

Thank You
dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
69GWC

Re: Now I have 2 LMC Grills!!!

What year of grill is it, I have a LMC grill in my 69 if its the same year I can look and check mine out to see if it has the same dents.
Posted via Mobile Device
69GWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
72smoker

do you have a picture of yours? I think that mine has them too.
72smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
dojo

Mine, both of them, are for a 70. I got some pics at work, I will put them up tomorrow. But you can't miss em. My body/paint guy actually noticed them. He was like, Dude, you ain't puttin that piece of sh....t grill on this truck. HA HA
Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
OJ1988
Just a car guy

LEts see pics of said dents.
1970 C20 tow rig
OJ1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

I tried to buy a repop 70 GMC grill from a different vender and it was pure junk. This is what I found out about repop grills...they are all brought into this country by the same importer and distributed to all the vendors, what this really means is they are all made in the same factory in zipville and if one grill has a defect then the whole batch has the same defect. Here is one pic of a stamped wrinkle, one wrinkle out of about five on the same grill. They actually painted the whole batch like 71-72 grills to hide the defects.
If I were you I would sell BOTH the repops you have and buy a nice OEM piece like I did.
Attached Images

71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
dojo

Reno, can you still buy a OEM grill from Chevy??? Guess I need to check. Funny thing, I looked at the one that came on the truck and it had the same dents in it. I assumed it was the OEM grill that came on the truck, but, who knows, it could of been a replacement too.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Careful trying to buy an OEM grille.The real deal is a NOS if you have deep enough pockets.The dealers use Licensed Reproductions,which mean they paid extra to have the packaging marked with a GM logo.It's usually still the same part.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

I doubt you can find a dealer with one, what I ment by OEM is used original. You can find one on the parts forum from time to time but you need to shell out the $25 to be a subscribing member to buy and sell parts here (money very well spent).
Like this one http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=507698
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
Leroy-B1

Heard that modern chevy.parts in Winston Salem NC had some Nos grilles for what you paid for the repop buy can't verify that but would be worth the call
Posted via Mobile Device
Leroy-B1 is offline   Reply With Quote