The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
FAT TONY

need help with bags

alright so i got a hold of some air lift bags just not sure what model, from what they look like it seemed that they might be the dominator d2600 but im not sure, if any one could clarify that for me it would be appreciated, here are some pics

i also got a tank/compressor combo with the bags but im not sure if it is big enough for them i think it is used for air horns but hoping it will still work for bags, im not planing on using the bags for lifting as much as for lowering so i figured it shouldn't affect it to much seeing as im going to ride minimum psi recommended,

here is the tank

compared size to bags

also wanted to know around how much will it drop without c notching with these
Old 08-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
joedoh

Re: need help with bags

the bags replace the coil springs, so unless you find a way to attach them or run both, your truck will be as low as a fully deflated bag will droop once they are installed.

there isnt much hope that air compressor/tank has either the volume or the duty cycle to be used for air suspension. you need a large volume reserve tank at a high pressure to get up to drive.

my advice is to read some bagging 101 advice like on this site but also on suspension sites like ridetech.com and others. you need a lot more parts.

measure the distance between the axle and the frame right now and that is how much lower your truck will be with out a c notch.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
FAT TONY

Re: need help with bags

yea i figured the compressor/tank would be to small, im looking into another one already, i think the duty cycle on this one is 15%

thanks for the advice ill make sure to go read more about bags before i try installing them

i figured the only parts i really needed is the air lines, bag mounting brackets, and the air fittings but i could be missing something?