The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

WTB set of four 17" or 18" 5 x 5" wheels

My dad just got his latest ( and probably last as he is 75 yo) project out of paint and I think I have him convinced it needs a nicer set of wheels. The only catch is I have to "fund" the purchase myself and my budget is pretty tight.

I am looking for something tasteful and understated. That's why I'm not looking for anything bigger than 18's as it still has to ride good for him, and no bling bling pimp rims since as I stated above, he is 75 and that is not either of our style.

As an example of what I have in mind, I have a set of 94-96 Impala SS 17's, but I would have to remove them from my 91 olds wagon LT1 swap project.

The only steel wheels I would consider would be a set of 17" or 18" Cragar Soft 8's or similar. No wagon spokes and no 15"'s

About the only 15" wheels I would consider would be a very nice set of 5x 5" (no unilugs) slot mags like ET's.

As to what I have to use toward a trade, I don't have a lot of cash to deal with but I have a few parts to swap

I have a set of four 15x7 rally wheels on the truck now that have been blasted and painted argent silver. They have a matched set of four all terrain tires with 75" or better tread and another nice rally and tire for a spare
Set of four 15x7 truck rallys with old rotten tires
Bare lwb 69 chassis
68 front sheetmetal
Decent 67 lwb stepside bed
Pair of 15x 8 5x 4.75" Centerline auto drag wheels
M/T ET Street 26x10.50x 15 tires and tube
Set of four M/T aluminum "outlaw" 6 lug wheels and tires 15x10 and 15x8
Set of four Black 16" newer metric Ford 8 lug truck steel "wagon spoke" wheels

Dad also has 1948 GMC 1-1/2 ton. It is in trucks for sale here and is physically located in Lolita, Tx... Dad also has an IH cub lo boy tractor w/ 60" mower deck i might could talk him out of for a straight across trade for really nice wheels and new or nearly new tires.

We are not looking for $2-$3k set of wheels and tires!

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 08-14-2012 at 03:03 PM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote