The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
Sburch5887

6.0 LS engine swap (Twin turbo?)

I have decided to do a swap in my buddy's 72 Chevy truck, we are going with a 6.0 motor that we had in a 67 Firebird we pulled out to do an LSX 454, but we have also kicked around the idea of doing a twin turbo since there is more room in the truck than the cars we have been doing LS swaps in, does anybody know who makes a twin turbo kit that will go right in the 72? This will be the first turbo kit I've installed on anything, don't know a bunch about them, I'm used to superchargers & I know those are a whole different game.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sburch5887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
68 short step

Re: 6.0 LS engine swap (Twin turbo?)

i doubt that anybody makes a bolt on TT for a LS swap 67-72 truck... there is plenty of room for them, thats for sure...you'll more then likely have to build the TT system yourself, there is alot more then just the turbos that need addressed... if you're planning on running anykinda boost, you'll wanna get a forged bottom end, and a decent turbo cam, with upgraded valve springs, to say the least....you'll also wanna ditch the factory composite intake, upgrade the fuel system (bigger pump, bigger fuel line, bigger injectors), then your figuring out what size turbos to run...lota money in doing a TT swap...
68 short step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
scatesracing
Machinist

You really dont even need twins. for the money a nice s400 would make ove 700hp. and as far as doing all that work to the engine... I wouldnt worry about it when you have people pushing STOCK 4.8s to the 1200hp range. I say boost it. check out the guys in the builds section on www.theturboforums.com Im getting ready to do an ls turbo build on mine also
scatesracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
scatesracing
Machinist

check this one out... he is using a ebay gt45 turbo and nitrous. On a stock 4.8 http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/th...-8gt45zr1cam)/
scatesracing is offline   Reply With Quote