The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
mgkgmc

Frame twist.

What would be a easy way to check my truck for frame twist? My truck sits higher on the right side in the rear.
Posted via Mobile Device
mgkgmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
LEEVON

Re: Frame twist.

Easy might not be the most accurate. Find the flattest floor you can and measure, measure, measure. Triangulate, corner-to-corner between known points, watch out for the rear crossmember it's skewed by design. If it's really eating you take the bed off. It could be any number of things besides the frame.

I had a high right rear bed corner by about 1/4", we just added another pad under the mount. Years later, it was wrecked and they put it on the frame machine, there was some evidence on the rear of the cab that it had been rear-ended once before. It's now back to factory specs.