The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
laplander

Just a heads up

I know I've got some dealings with memebers on the board and have been out of communication for a while now. I've been suffering from a chronic illness now for the last year, and I don't know if I took the wrong medicine, or took the right medicine at the wrong time, but all I remember is going to bed Saturday night and then waking up Sunday evening in jail. Everything in between then is black. Evidently that sleep aid they gave me called Ambien caused me to go out for a drive at 8 in the morning. hanksfully no one was hurt, except for my pride and truck. From what the police report said was that I hit a gas main and was wondering around trying to find the police. If anyone has a 4wd long bed chassis for sale, let me know as I don't think there is anyway of fixing mine. To the guys on the board I owe parts to, shoot me a PM and remind me, everything is still kind of hazy right now. And please guys, read the medicine's fine print and ask questions of your Dr's, I have'nt had so much as a speeding ticket in 20 years, and now this. So please be CAREFUL.

Nik
laplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
gmc 2500 4x4

Re: Just a heads up

hope things get better 4 ya nik<<<paul
gmc 2500 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Chevy072

You don't owe me any parts,but just wanted to wish you the best of luck getting through this situation your in.
Chevy072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
72 Super

Glad you are ok, hope everything works out for you. Sorry hear about your situation.

Ray
Old 08-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
70LonghornCST

Nik, I am very sorry to hear that this happened to you. I worked in a pharmacy for 15 years as a pharmacy technician before I got my teaching credential. It really is amazing how some (not all) doctors and pharmacists alike do not adequately warn patients of potential side effects. Even though certain side effects of any given medication can be rare to extremely rare, there is always the possibility of it happening to you.
I wish you well and hope you get truck situation straightened out shortly.
-Richard
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard

70 Longhorn CST Build

Adding an AM/FM Decal
70LonghornCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
VA72C10
VA72C10

Hope things get better for you quickly. I had a bad reaction to a tic bite earlier this summer and between that and the powerful antibiotics wasn't myself for a few weeks...but nothing that potentially life threatening. Also hope someone can help you with the parts for your truck.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
laplander

Thatnks for the words of encouragement. It's just one of those thigs you don't think will ever happen to you. WRONG! I've been taking it for a while to counteract this other medicine they have me on that gives me insomnia, but I have never been hit this hard by something. It's embarrasing, and when I think of how easily I could have hurt someone else that it makes me sick to my stomach. I'm still shakin' from the "what ifs"....
Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Nik -

Sorry to hear about what you've been through and glad you didn't get hurt. Hang in there.

I've got you covered for the 16 x 6.5 wheels if you need 'em. I may part with a LWB 72 4x4 frame from a 3/4 t truck but have no cab or drive train.

Take care,

Pete

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
t korinek
Truckin' Krazy

This happened to my father in law a few years ago, & he is no longer with us, he was taking lunesta.
Glad to hear your OK.
Tom
Dakota Digital
Trim parts Carpets
Truck World seat covers
& Many others
Chevy Parts locator in Mesa AZ!

Last edited by t korinek; 08-02-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: New info
t korinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
laplander

POete, I sent you an email on the rims, let me know what you decide on the frame, that could be the perfect solution to get it back on the road..

Tom, with this intestinal diease I've been battling, each Dr just seems to throw more medicine at it with the hope it works. Earlier this year I was taking 23 prescriptions a day, but Saturday was the only time I have had XERO idea what happened. All I can say is that God made sure no got hurt. I can deal with fines and whatever else they throw at me, but the burden of knowing I could have hurt someone would have pushed me over the edge .

Thanks guys.
Nik
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Nik, sorry to hear about your bad health, and this bad situation. I wish you luck getting through it and will pray for your good health to return. Good luck, Ryan.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #12
1774btcrew

Nik,
Sent PM
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
Darren MagooGardner

Got pics?
Darren MagooGardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
JRANGER

sorry to hear about your bad turn of events. Hope everything gets better
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #15
70STOVEBOLT

Nik, sorry to hear about your situation, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks
Sniper EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23 lowered 2" front & rear
70STOVEBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
michael bustamante

I went hunting with a buddy and he took ambien the night before. We only got 4 hours sleep and he insisted on driving. turns out his body was awake buit his mind was still asleep. that was a SCARY drive. we almost flipped and he didnt even realize it. im glad youre ok. theres a longbed chasis in pecos for sale on CL. i need the rear end if you wanna go halfers on it. and i got a flatbed trailer to haul it. PM me if youre interested
Old 08-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
laplander

Well, I ended up back in the ICU with congestive heart failure and both lungs filled with fluid. I had promised a guy a new dash pad as a pay it forward kind of thing and now I can't find his adress, so if it's one of you guys reading this, shoot me a PM so I can get it out to you. I sent a PM but didn't get a response. I apologize for the delay, I never dreamed I would be in 4 different hospitals in two months.
Take care,
Nik
Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #18
72 Super

Hope you are doing better now and have a full recovery as well.

Ray
Old 08-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
1774btcrew

Nik,
Sorry things have been going this way for you! I hope it gets better. I will be in Cortez next weekend. I don't know if we will make it into Farmington or not. Sent you a PM a while back.
1774btcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
laplander

Thanks for the well wishes. I want to get this pad shipped before something else goes wrong with this body of mine. Ugh.

The funniest thing about the whole ordeal was after they decided on an ambulance to take me to the heart hospital in Lubbock instead of helicopter, the two guys race me up there, unload me and start running with me on that stretcher thing like we were a bobsled team or something, and as the make their way in, this Dr and nurse are asking them what's going on, who is this patient. The driver says they called you before we left, here's his paperwork The Dr. took one look at him and told them, guys, you brought him to the wrong hospital, he's supposed to be at this other one. The look of sheer panic on the guys faces was hysterical. As fast as they pushed me in the hospital, they pushed me out even faster. Leave it to me to get ambulance drivers who don't have a GPS.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
72 Super

Sounds like some of my luck there
Quote:
Originally Posted by laplander View Post
Thanks for the well wishes. I want to get this pad shipped before something else goes wrong with this body of mine. Ugh.

The funniest thing about the whole ordeal was after they decided on an ambulance to take me to the heart hospital in Lubbock instead of helicopter, the two guys race me up there, unload me and start running with me on that stretcher thing like we were a bobsled team or something, and as the make their way in, this Dr and nurse are asking them what's going on, who is this patient. The driver says they called you before we left, here's his paperwork The Dr. took one look at him and told them, guys, you brought him to the wrong hospital, he's supposed to be at this other one. The look of sheer panic on the guys faces was hysterical. As fast as they pushed me in the hospital, they pushed me out even faster. Leave it to me to get ambulance drivers who don't have a GPS.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
70LonghornCST

Nik, I hope you get on the mend soon. I tell you, with all that you have going on, your selfless character (trying to get your new dash out to a fellow member for free) is admirable.
-Richard
1970 Chevy Longhorn
  • Bucket Seats
  • Shoulder Belts
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Factory Air
  • Factory Speedwarning, Tach & Vaccum
  • Factory Tilt
  • CST Package
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Bumper Guards
Richard