The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
THE "10" SILVERADO

Pick N Pull score.

Well headed out to Elliot Reeder road nearby to the mile long row of junkyards. Ended up at "Pick n' Pull".

Was looking for side marker lens, bumper guards, 73-76 cross-member, a missing air duct, grill and cab trim. Unfortunately I couldn't find them all (found some nice bumper guards on a wrecked project truck but couldn't break the bolts loose ).

Ended up with the duct, a NOS looking set of sidemarker lens and the 73-76 crossmember. This being my first ever trip to a junkyard I brought 150$ because I didn't know how much they cost. Apparently Pick n' Pull was having a "half off everything sale" and walked out of there only spending $22!!! Very happy with today. Only negative is it was 111 degrees and I almost fainted being under the truck.

Also instead of having to walk around searching they had all of the vehicles in nice set up area's on wheels (so no jack needed) and gave me a map! I would highly recommend this place to anyone not able to find some parts that aren't reproduced!
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
mopar346

Re: Pick N Pull score.

Sweet, good score. Boneyards are fun, you'll learn to love them. One of the good things about pick n pull is the way they organize things, the bad thing is after a few weeks vehicles are snatched and crushed so get it when you see it. They usually have 1/2 price sales twice a year here, Labor day and Memorial Day week ends. I will usually scout the yard the week prior so I go in with a mission and the tools I need, I have gotten many posi 60s fro $100 and yesterday I got a T-5 for about $50.
mopar346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #3
bigwheel15

I'm up and down Elliot reeder road all the time but have never hit the pick n pull there at the end. Do they have a good selection of our trucks? Nice score on that crossmember btw, I've been looking for one myself.
Posted via Mobile Device
bigwheel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel15 View Post
I'm up and down Elliot reeder road all the time but have never hit the pick n pull there at the end. Do they have a good selection of our trucks? Nice score on that crossmember btw, I've been looking for one myself.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was looking for 73-80 and they had 3 of those. From you avatar it looks like you have the newer 81-87 and I believe they had 4-5 of those. I also went by Little John's and besides a 79 GMC they just got in most of their squarebodies were picked clean. What others down Elliot Reeder are good for squares? Didn't have time today to get to most of them. Probably going back to Pick n Pull Monday to pick up a set of bumper guards, because I didn't have my break over bar for the rusty nuts on the bumper.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:43 AM   #5
bigwheel15

The yard across from little johns, dismantlers i think; has a pretty large section in the back left of the yard you might wanna check out. And yeah most things gets picked over pretty fast at little johns but they're prices are good when you do find something.
Posted via Mobile Device
bigwheel15 is offline   Reply With Quote